92%
09 Rank
Progress

PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday 14th January

75 Replies 1,642 Views Created 13-01-2010
13 Jan 2010
By MusterBuster

Hello All,

Please be aware that PlayStation Home will be taken offline for Scheduled Maintenance this Thursday 14th January from 8AM. During the maintenance, you will be unable to access PlayStation Home.

So, what's coming?

14th January Home Update

In addition to the return of The London Pub personal space, we’ll also be releasing a range of Savage Moon furniture, including Table, two chairs, a rug and a lamp. Any prospective pub landlords tempted to scare their visitors with furniture made from Insectocyte? (piccies on the Blog!)

Don’t forget that if you already purchased your London Pub while it was briefly available last week, you will gain access to the space automatically after maintenance is complete.

Please note that due to the disruptive weather conditions last week, we encountered delays with our schedule due to unavoidable staff absences. As a result this week will be a light update, however the team are working hard to catch up.

Much love -

MB

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nukester

84%
02 Rank
Progress
nukester
Accepted Solution

i guessed there wouldn't be much of a update due to xmas holidays and heavy snow conditions. hope to see a big update again in the next few weeks. thanks for the info MB

0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday 14th January

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

astroch1mp

80%
02 Rank
Progress
astroch1mp
Accepted Solution
At least the furniture isn't priced at £1.59 :)

Would prefer developers to make us more clothes and outfits than loads of furniture.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

D-Star_1

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
D-Star_1
Accepted Solution

cool MB

0 Kudos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66ll9hoTHY&feature=PlayList&p=2F30DBF404C002E2&index=0&playnext=1
[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][IMG]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2207/mybannerblinkyca161272b.gif[/IMG][/URL

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bridgelad98

86%
05 Rank
Progress
bridgelad98
Accepted Solution

Aweeeeeeesome! Might be a short update but at least were getting our London Pub

and......ITS MY 500th POST!

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Spidie_Pig_Rules
Accepted Solution
great news MB and any content really at the end of the day is better than no content at all ?

either way good to get the london pub back but is there any updates on hovercrafts and such or are all the updates getting done in the one go kinda thing :P and shame about this snow :(

but at least we haz content
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

deflepxr6

92%
03 Rank
Progress
deflepxr6
Accepted Solution

YES!! the London Australian pub is coming back...:smileytongue:

thanks MB

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TheCrazyOne

80%
02 Rank
Progress
TheCrazyOne
Accepted Solution

thanks for another shocking update SONY still getting the short straw in terms of content each weeks but im getting use to it now....

nothing personal MB....

just sick and tired of the poor EU updates

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Spidie_Pig_Rules
Accepted Solution
Crazy why complain about a free service and the weather is whats causing the delay with the team numbers lower they cant publish all the content as there is not enough people to test it when it goes live during downtime and the way you should see it look one year back we had no conten for 2 months any content at the start of the year has proved to be better than nothing or even better think to closed beta they hardly got any content no complaints were made then ? complaing is pointless now constructive critism good or bad on how the content is or whatever is what is really need not rants about poor us and poor this its a free service learn to live with what comes
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

drvixx

91%
06 Rank
Progress
drvixx
Accepted Solution

@Spidie_Pig_Rules wrote:
Crazy why complain about a free service and the weather is whats causing the delay with the team numbers lower they cant publish all the content as there is not enough people to test it when it goes live during downtime and the way you should see it look one year back we had no conten for 2 months any content at the start of the year has proved to be better than nothing or even better think to closed beta they hardly got any content no complaints were made then ? complaing is pointless now constructive critism good or bad on how the content is or whatever is what is really need not rants about poor us and poor this its a free service learn to live with what comes

Did a mod threaten you with being banned, again?! lol

There is no, I SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO excuse for the 3 (2 really) items we got on the 7th compared to the 50+ items JP and US got!

Thylaudax or someone needs to speak up about content issues! And i dont mean in that cryptic vauge way either!

0 Kudos

I'm awesome! What's your excuse?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

johhny56656

80%
02 Rank
Progress
johhny56656
Accepted Solution

Not to mention this week we get a pub that was last weeks content that most already paid for and a few bit of furniture . Yet the u.s are getting a festival space and lbp game launching ,and even more assasins creed 2 stuff . Im a new ps3  owner and stuff like this has turned me right off using e.u home ever again

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Spidie_Pig_Rules
Accepted Solution
lol not threatened but the fact remains take last year at this time compared to now any contents better than none but last weeks was patehtic i have to admit
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

hgwells

• MVP
92%
09 Rank
Progress
hgwells
Accepted Solution

@Spidie_Pig_Rules wrote:

Spidie,

just a point about your use of the term "free service".

You are correct in saying it is a free service at point of use.

but

to be able to use Home, I shelled out £425 for a launch day 60GB PS3.

Millions of other people have also bought PS3's around the world. Some will have paid more, others less. That is the entry price for the "free service".

Whatever you paid, it all adds up to a lot of money in Sony's coffers So, I think people do have the right to complain when they receive a poor service, regardless how much it is costing them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Spidie_Pig_Rules
Accepted Solution
i can see were you are coming from hgwells but the way i see it you dont actually pay to access home when you log in same with PSN so in these terms it is were "free Service" comes from but the treatment SCEE has received for home is questionable as to why at times its lacking i know localisation is a problem but its only a problem not an excuse i really think we need some more team members for EU
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

interstella5555

84%
02 Rank
Progress
interstella5555
Accepted Solution
Whatever happened to the katamari forever tshirts? Or the pixeljunk shooter rewards? Saying that don't know why I'm asking as I will only lose them all like every other item that isn't store bought or code redeemed :(
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jesse131

97%
07 Rank
Progress
jesse131
Accepted Solution
When its going back online? Its alradiy 5:04PM (Holland time)

Jesse
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Spidie_Pig_Rules
Accepted Solution
4:10pm Uk time hmm been a long one today :O oh well i can wait *goes to check psn store*
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iwinuloseok

84%
02 Rank
Progress
iwinuloseok
Accepted Solution

i bet us and jap are cursing eu today !! i figure its a eu problem as usual. i think each region should have seperate updates as in this situation everyone suffers :Argh:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Thylaudax

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Thylaudax
Accepted Solution

@iwinuloseok wrote:

i bet us and jap are cursing eu today !! i figure its a eu problem as usual. i think each region should have seperate updates as in this situation everyone suffers :Argh:

The cause of the delay was not region specific.

0 Kudos

Home Tweets: http://twitter.com/PSHomeEU

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

U_n_y_o_n

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
U_n_y_o_n
Accepted Solution

@hgwells wrote:

@Spidie_Pig_Rules wrote:

Spidie,

just a point about your use of the term "free service".

You are correct in saying it is a free service at point of use.

but

to be able to use Home, I shelled out £425 for a launch day 60GB PS3.

Millions of other people have also bought PS3's around the world. Some will have paid more, others less. That is the entry price for the "free service".

Whatever you paid, it all adds up to a lot of money in Sony's coffers So, I think people do have the right to complain when they receive a poor service, regardless how much it is costing them.

£425 is obviously a lot of money for some people, but I think what many people don't realise, is that the PS3 has always been sold at cost to Sony. Even today, they haven't yet reached the point where they can make a profit on just the console alone. See here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20091215232901_Sony_Still_Sells_PlayStation_3_at_a_L...

Then there's the Playstation Network, a free service that costs money for Sony to run. Then of course there's Home, another free service, which adds more cost to Sony. So if you look at all the things that we get and consider the cost to Sony, then no one can really make the argument that we're owed anything.

However, whilst I'm portraying a sympathetic view towards Sony's position, I'm not excusing the comparative lack of quality in the EU region. Sony, though starting out with a deficit on each console sold, can and do make money back with games, Home content, royalties etc... To do that though, they need the support of their customers and to get the support of their customers, they need to provide a service that their customers want.

Which leads me onto the problem with Home. Personally, if just viewed on it's own, I think the EU do a decent job. Add to that the fact that if it wasn't for SCEE then every region would be Homeless. Despite any criticism I make of them, I'm grateful for what they provide.

But Home is a global product and it's difficult to view EU Home without comparing it to the other regions. There's practical reasons as to why Sony is split into regions, but those reasons are meant to equate into an equal level of service, not a deficit.

Put it down to people being whingy, spoilt or "the grass is always greener...", if you like. But Home is optional and if people choose not to use it, you can't capitalise on them Sony.

There wasn't much content added today, which is understandable with the weather conditions lately, but it wasn't snowing throughout 2009, so what was the problem there? Legal and localisation reasons? Those are fair enough reasons for delay, but delay just means that things will take a bit longer to come about, not disappear of the face of the Earth. When there's minimal content in the updates and no sign of things that should've been localised long ago, it's going to make people wonder what SCEE have been up to and with no response, many are just going to turn away.

This is becoming a fairly long rant, so I'll try and get to the point. There's a lot of people (your customers and potential customers), that want to see Home succeed and hold optimism that it can. But segregating a global product and giving certain regions a better service, will inevitably make others feel like 2nd class customers. If the content and service isn't there, then people can't support you and more importantly, plenty won't support you.

Maybe it's SCEE's fault, maybe it's Sony in general. But there's a long standing problem here and at some point, someone is going to have to acknowledge and take responsibility for it, since we can't do it for you.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Formidonis

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Formidonis
Accepted Solution

i lost all the clothing that i buyed...will i get it back after the maintenance?

0 Kudos

Re : PlayStation Home Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday 14th January

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel