23%
02 Rank
Progress

Failed to calibrate

3 Replies 2,122 Views Created 25-12-2010
25 Dec 2010
By OutlawPanda

Hi,

I've recently seen a lot of these threads pop up on these forums - however I've tried everything in the ones I've seen and it hasn't fixed my issue.

I recently got Sports Champions and a second move controller and couldn't wait to get everything working.

I then started to notice that one of the controllers kept scrolling up in the PS3 Menu which was bugging me (I'm not sure if it was the old one or the new one, I've got them mixed up now), so I go to start Sports Champions and the one that had the scrolling issue in the menu doesn't calibrate.

I've tried ajusting lighting, re-calibrating the magnetic thing, moving backwards and forwards throughout the room, resetting the move controller via the button on the back - but nothing seems to work.

I've also tried disabling the magnetic thing but that didn't seem to make a difference (so I don't think this is that same as the issues others have had in which disabling the magnetic thing fixed the problem).

Please Help,

Regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Farscape247

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Farscape247
Accepted Solution
have you tried a full calibration in the xmb menu near settings, that is the main calibration for using move on the xmb.
0 Kudos

Re: Failed to calibrate

Play More Live More

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

OutlawPanda

23%
02 Rank
Progress
OutlawPanda
Accepted Solution
I've tried "Calibrate move controller" in accessories, yes. That is "re-calibrating the magnetic thing".
So that solution doesn't work.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

terraunbound

27%
02 Rank
Progress
terraunbound
Accepted Solution

The other suggestions are all good steps to try. Here are two other steps to try that have worked wonders for me.

Change the color of your shirt compared to the color of the furniture/wall behind you. Its made a BIG difference for me - my couch is white with light stripes and I had a light tan shirt --- could not calibrate at all. I put on a solid bright-ish blue shirt and voila, it worked!

Plug in the move controller to get more juice while calibrating (I've unplugged it later and used it just fine.)

If your controller is acting flakey - maybe exchanging it for another might be in order too?

Good luck!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel