05 Rank
Progress

Ebola breakout in Uganda....

[ Edited ]
64 Replies 375 Views edited 31-07-2012
31 Jul 2012
By emw80

triblive.com/news

So with the olympics going on wouldn't that increase the risk of it spreading to good ol' blighty. 

Just a playful thought.

Also I seen on the BBC 24hr news channel on their text roller that an underground train driver reported "smelling smoke" so service from Liverpool street station was cancelled.

I bring this up because it is a reminder (for me at least) of how the 7/7 London bombings went down, they first reported an "Electrical fault" in the station, I haven't seen anything more of this report.

You can check this page out for updates if you live in that area or travel through it > http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/london/publictransport

Snippet from that site:

"Minor delays on Bakerloo Line between Queens Park and Harrow And Wealdstone due to earlier security alert at Queens Park."

As for the 7/7 London bombings has anyone seen 7/7 Ripple Effect?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

@emw80 wrote:

@xElfenLied_US wrote:

Why can't you just reply like normal, 

You mean like everyone else? I'm an individual, not a "average" person and certainly dont consider myself as "normal", I'm a unique individual LOL

Be that as it may, replying to these stupid inlined responses is a pain in the backside. It's not about being an individual, it's about causing others more inconvenience to save yourself effort.

0 Kudos

Re: Ebola breakout in Uganda....

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@InfiniteStates wrote:

@emw80 wrote:

@xElfenLied_US wrote:

Why can't you just reply like normal, 

You mean like everyone else? I'm an individual, not a "average" person and certainly dont consider myself as "normal", I'm a unique individual LOL

Be that as it may, What do you mean be that as it may, i just stated so. Do you consider yourself as a unique individual, or are you also going to make a joke out of me saying that I do consider myself as such?

replying to these stupid inlined responses is a pain in the backside. I just want to try and respond too each of your points and questions. 

It's not about being an individual, I didn't say too you that it was, that was part of my reply to Elfin when she asked why i cannot just reply "normal".

it's about causing others more inconvenience to save yourself effort. You mean like how you edit a reply of mine in such a way then ask the question i already answered to make it look like something it isn't.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

@emw80 wrote:

@InfiniteStates wrote:

Be that as it may,

What do you mean be that as it may, i just stated so
. Do you consider yourself as a unique individual, or are you also going to make a joke out of me saying that I do consider myself as such?

It's a slightly politer way of saying "whatever". Is English your primary language?

@emw80 wrote:

@InfiniteStates wrote:

replying to these stupid inlined responses is a pain in the backside.

I just want to try and respond too each of your points and questions.

Well, press quote and delete everything except what you want to reply to. Repeat for each point.

@emw80 wrote:

@InfiniteStates wrote:

It's not about being an individual,

I didn't say too you that it was, that was part of my reply to Elfin when she asked why i cannot just reply "normal".

I know. It took her meaning to refer to this lazy inlining style of yours, which is irrespective of your perception of your individuality.

@emw80 wrote:

@InfiniteStates wrote:

it's about causing others more inconvenience to save yourself effort.

You mean like how you edit a reply of mine in such a way then ask the question i already answered to make it look like something it isn't.

No, I mean reply in way such that your laziness doesn't cost me 4 times as much effort to make a legible response to.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@InfiniteStates wrote:

No, I mean reply in way such that your laziness doesn't cost me 4 times as much effort to make a legible response to.

My laziness?, I'm not asking you too do anything extra, i ask a question or make a point or whatever but you know that it's completely up too you if you choose too respond and in what style you respond.

All I'm doing is changing the color of my text and replying to each point i feel i want to or obliged to.

At least you haven't done as some others have done, make a reply then don't answer.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution

@emw80 wrote:

@InfiniteStates wrote:

My laziness?, I'm not asking you too do anything extra, i ask a question or make a point or whatever but you know that it's completely up too you if you choose too respond and in what style you respond.

All I'm doing is changing the color of my text and replying to each point i feel i want to or obliged to.

At least you haven't done as some others have done, make a reply then don't answer.

Because we can't be bothered with you. It's that simple.

0 Kudos

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@xElfenLied_US wrote:

@emw80 wrote:

@InfiniteStates wrote:

Because we can't be bothered with you. It's that simple.

That's entirely your choice, and i thank you for your honesty.

So then can i assume from that you will no longer be making replies in ANY thread i start from now on?

I think it would be best seeing as you can't be bothered with me and also since cannot be bothered answering any of my questions about what you have said.

Like for example - So do you consider yourself a unique individual, or are you sticking with your little cheap dig at me because i do consider myself as a unique individual?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xElfenLied_US

85%
06 Rank
Progress
xElfenLied_US
Accepted Solution
Lol you're still stuck and hung up on that. Just shows how little of a life you have.
0 Kudos

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hydra25

92%
05 Rank
Progress
hydra25
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@hydra25 wrote:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/8-stupid-arguments-that-internet-debates-always-devolve-into/

That should come in useful around about now.

What would be useful around about now, is you either not responding to this thread/topics in the way that you have been so far and begin responding in a genuine manner with something to add etc or go troll some where else then maybe we could get back on topic again and discussing Ebola and this outbreak or even any indirectly related responses that arise.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

@emw80 wrote:

...then maybe we could get back on topic again and discussing Ebola and this outbreak or even any indirectly related responses that arise.

As far as I remember, it was you took it off topic with stuff about flu vaccine stockpiling and the dangers of flu vaccination...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@InfiniteStates wrote:

@emw80 wrote:

...then maybe we could get back on topic again and discussing Ebola and this outbreak or even any indirectly related responses that arise.

As far as I remember, it was you took it off topic with stuff about flu vaccine stockpiling and the dangers of flu vaccination...

Off topic, not quite, not really...

Ebola, vaccinations, flu virus... to me they're all in the same pool, which could have stayed warm but ahh well.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
I hear there's a lot of Aids in Uganda. Maybe everyone should just sleep with each other and catch it early in order for their bodies to adapt. To help the process the government has a good 900 million spare vaccines lying around.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dannehkins

99%
08 Rank
Progress
Dannehkins
Accepted Solution
I swear I once saw emw's signature on a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide because it's dangerous rite?
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@Dannehkins wrote:
I swear I once saw emw's signature on a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide because it's dangerous rite?

Shhhh

LOL no that wassn't me.... I have never put that sig, nor will i ever use that sig for anything like that.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@xElfenLied_US wrote:
Lol you're still stuck and hung up on that. Just shows how little of a life you have.

LOL no, its more that you made a joke out if when i said i was a unique individual, and so that's why I asked you and i repeat  "So do you consider yourself as a unique individual".

Rather than avoid this question so as to continue making jokes of it or assumptions about my life etc, why not answer it directly and honestly and be done with it. 

I think you at least owe it an answer seeing as you took a dig at me for it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

@emw80 wrote:

...So do you consider yourself a unique individual....because i do consider myself as a unique individual?

As opposed to what? A carbon-copy clone? How would you expect an identical twin to answer that question?

Some conventions are in place because they are sensible, not just put there to challenge your reluctance to conform as a martyr to individuality... Like driving on the correct side of the road for instance.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@InfiniteStates wrote:

@emw80 wrote:

...So do you consider yourself a unique individual....because i do consider myself as a unique individual?

As opposed to what?  A carbon-copy clone? Whatever else consider yourself as if you don't consider yourself as a unique individual of course.

How would you expect an identical twin to answer that question? they would still be able to answer as unique individuals if that is how they considered themselves,, just because the body may appear the exact same doesn't mean they are the exact same.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

fski

• Award Winner
97%
07 Rank
Progress
fski
Accepted Solution

I had Ebola once, a bottle of Guiness original soon saw it off.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdwCarnby

98%
10 Rank
Progress
EdwCarnby
Accepted Solution
I have to point out some things in response to the red army of text. I'll do it as clearly and concisely as I can.
***If you worry about the government using medicine and pharmaceuticals to brainwash the people, who do you think is going to cure the millions of Ugandans AFTER they pro-actively catch Ebola? Yep, same people.
***New strains of colds and flus come about almost annually! Much like the human body adapts, so does the virus. Which leads me back to my first point.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

emw80

95%
05 Rank
Progress
emw80
Accepted Solution

@EdwCarnby wrote:
I have to point out some things in response to the red army of text. I'll do it as clearly and concisely as I can.
***If you worry about the government using medicine and pharmaceuticals to brainwash the people, who do you think is going to cure the millions of Ugandans AFTER they pro-actively catch Ebola? Yep, same people.
***New strains of colds and flus come about almost annually! Much like the human body adapts, so does the virus. Which leads me back to my first point.

Well i'll try do be as clear and concise in my reply too you.

First,

I never once mentioned a damn thing to do with "using medications or pharmacuticals to brainwash people", nor did i even hint at such nonsense.

Second,

I did say somewhere in the red army of text that I was not against vaccinations as some vaccinations actually do help and some do work.

Lastly,

Maybe if people didn't cut the relevant parts of my comments which they reply too with loaded statements, i wouldn't have to address theirs bit by bit, well i don't have too, i just want too.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

@emw80 wrote:

We have had millions of years adapting to the "regular" flu viruses, which have always been with us due too our animal farming and lack of clenliness and also being wrapped up in cotton wool where our ancestors would be out working the land aetc in all weathers, but we've only a few decades of being deliberately infected, and injected with deadly viral constructs.

@InfiniteStates wrote:

You're going to do that for every strain of flu to every person are you?

No, maybe they should stop creating deadly viruses in their little labs and start to use their tech on treating and eliminating what we already face around the world.

No need for fantastic approaches, just a need for a common sense and a sense of survival kind of approach, as in stop creating new viruses in labs so as to sell nations the vaccines.

You've just said flu has been with us a long time, yet we've only been growing viruses for a comparitively short time. Your argument lacks consistency - either we've evolved alongside flu or they are growing it. Which is it to be? Unless you know something we don't about ancient Roman biolabs or something...

There are one or two people in the world you know. Some can work on making viruses while others can work on preventing them. They are not mutually exclusive operations.

@emw80 wrote:

""Since i first read the story about the Ebola break out I have been waiting for convenient mass "Ebola" vaccinations, <HERE IS THE POINT WHERE I MOVED ON FROM TALKING ABOUT EBOLA ON TOO TALKING ABOUT THE FLU> but i guess DARPAs will make do for the coming "cold" months, dont worry they have 10 Million vaccines to spare., much more by now i suppose.""

If you checked out that link, you'd have known that i was now on too something else.

I did check out the link. It's about vaccine mass production and stockpiling. So what? It's got nothing to do with the anti-flu vaccine rant you then rambled on about.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel