63%
02 Rank
Progress

Game not working!

[ Edited ]
2 Replies 703 Views edited 16-04-2013
16 Apr 2013
By leonstar27

I would appreciate any further help on the matter of my GOD OF WAR: GHOST OF SPARTA game disc for my PSP.

I have recently updated the PSP system to 6.60 from it's earlier version of 6.31 which was added to the God of  War game disc title above.

However, like I said in an earlier thread, the Ghost of Sparta game had worked fine some time ago, and I managed to complete it on ALL difficulty levels. But recently, the game has started to freeze up at the same spot every time I play it, and says LOADING... at the bottom right of the screen.

It's happened many times, each time at the same place, and it's really annoying me now.

The part where it always freezes up is when I have defeated a few archers and then I cross over a chasm along a rope with a waterfall in the background, and then climb a steep cliff side. As soon as I near the top, the game then freezes up! >:(

I have even tried taking out the disc when the PSP is off, and then putting it back thinking that maybe the disc isn't in properly, but that doesn't work either (sigh)

I have checked the game disc very carefully and I have found no scratches or marks on it at all which I think is very strange. I'm beginning to think that maybe there's something wrong with the Memory Stick duo, but I really don't know, and I'm thinking about buying a new Memory Stick.

Or maybe, a replacement Ghost of Sparta game disc if that will help at all.

A great game only marred by it's technical problems!!!!

Can anyone help please?

Will I need a new battery perhaps?

Perhaps this could be what is wrong with it!!!

Thing is, how will I know if I need the battery replacing?

Will much appreciate any help on this....thanks

Btw, my Sony system is a PSP 2003 if that's any help, and all my other PSP games work fine

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

OrdosAlpha

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
OrdosAlpha
Accepted Solution

If I recall correctly, the PSP GoW games are on dual layered UMDs, and if true, then the problem could be down to your PSPs UMD laser being at fault (read: dying a slow death).

0 Kudos

Re: Game not working!

My PSN Profile

All blank friend requests will be refused.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

leonstar27

63%
02 Rank
Progress
leonstar27
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your reply OrdosAlpha.

I'm a bit gutted about finding out that this PSP GoW game is dual layered!

That's typical of SONY!!!

I still find it a bit strange that when I first bought the Ghost of Sparta game, it worked perfectly fine, but at least I managed to complete ALL of the difficulty levels EASY>NORMAL>HARD and VERY HARD (GOD mode) before having this technical problem. Meh!  :smileymad:

I don't know what to do with the Ghost of Sparta game now.

It's weird that my other GoW game Chains of Olympus works fine without any technical difficulties if that's dual layered. Hmm.....I could contact Sony themselves perhaps to see what they can do as I do have their email address, or get myself a new  or second hand PSP. 

But like you said, it could be dying a slow death! :-(

Can't find the dying a slow death thread yet, but I'll find it soon enough.

However, I'm sure that all my other PSP games and UMD's work okay. So, I may hang on to my old PSP for now.

Thanks again for your help!  :-)

0 Kudos

Re: Game not working!

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel