craigjones8

33%
02 Rank
Progress

"Game cannot be started. (DADADADA)"

5 Replies 2,345 Views Created 11-04-2010
11 Apr 2010
By craigjones8

I have downloaded the latest update to my psp but, when I try to install it, the message "Game cannot be started.(DADADADA)" keeps showing up. What can I do?  I've seen this question asked a fair few times in the forums but, no one seems to have an answer. Is there anyone out there that can help me solve this problem???

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution
Let me google this for you http://tinyurl.com/ybtwzfd
0 Kudos

Re: "Game cannot be started. (DADADADA)"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

feitochan

80%
02 Rank
Progress
feitochan
Accepted Solution

@craigjones8 wrote:

I have downloaded the latest update to my psp but, when I try to install it, the message "Game cannot be started.(DADADADA)" keeps showing up. What can I do?  I've seen this question asked a fair few times in the forums but, no one seems to have an answer. Is there anyone out there that can help me solve this problem???

Then you must not be looking properly as I've answered a few of the questions regarding this problem and it all comes down to the fact that your PSP has custom firmware installed and that is blocking the official firmware update from running.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

KiteGr

92%
03 Rank
Progress
KiteGr
Accepted Solution

You mean that you didn't know that your PSP had custom firmware instaled?

Anyway! If you want to instal an offical firmware I suggest you trade/sell your curent PSP. Some people would kill to get one of those...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

craigjones8

33%
02 Rank
Progress
craigjones8
Accepted Solution

Do you know how I can get rid of the CFW as I haven't downloaded this, all I want to do is use the official firmware as its a lot less hassle?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

joff81

84%
02 Rank
Progress
joff81
Accepted Solution

@craigjones8 wrote:

Do you know how I can get rid of the CFW as I haven't downloaded this, all I want to do is use the official firmware as its a lot less hassle?

its quite a difficult process to get rid of a CFW especially for a gamer who has never delt with them before or who has no or little know how on them.  not only is the process of removing a CFW quite difficult there is also a risk of bricking the PSP console in the process rendering it useless and if this happens its a £60 - £80 fee to Sony to get the PSP swapped depending on model.

best thing to do is sell the PSP on ebay as like mentioned earlier people do pay quite a bit for a CFW enabled console more so than the PSP is probably worth due to the extra features the CFW allow then buy a new PSP. 

thew other thing to do is find a 3rd party who will get rid of the CFW and update to the latest official FW. shops like Grainger games or a local independent games shop may be able to help. if not there is retailers on the internet who will do it for you but you need to send your PSP away to be sorted.

either way the latter will cost you usually £20 -£30 but its always better to use an official FW especially now the PSP has great content on PSN.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel