Progress

Cowboy Small Talk

[ Edited ]
67 Replies 3,251 Views edited 14-09-2012
18 May 2010
By MusterBuster

Yeehaw!

Well hello there Muley!

This here thread is for you road agents to small talk on the topic of Red Dead Remeption. Use this area for those quick fire discussions which dont deserve an entirely new thread.

Just be sure to keep it clean, this aint no place for running round on the dodge and we'll have necktie socials pretty darn quickly unless you follow our House Rules.

Shindig, anyone?!

For a few Cowboy terms and other spiel - look here.

MB

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xKillerMonkeyx

88%
04 Rank
Progress
xKillerMonkeyx
Accepted Solution
How would you guys improve the game? I would like to see a text chat in the free roam.

Also isnt there a horse race event you can do online?? Thought i seen it on a video. :-/
0 Kudos

Re: Cowboy Small Talk

PSN: TalllPaul

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fulcrum09

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

@xKillerMonkeyx wrote:
How would you guys improve the game? I would like to see a text chat in the free roam.

Also isnt there a horse race event you can do online?? Thought i seen it on a video. :-/

Horse racing would be cool. I'd like Liars dice and Poker to become available online to (winner gets xp or something).

On another note; Does anybody know where I can find some deer? When wandering around on free roam there's millions of them but as soon as I get a challenge to kill five of the *****ers they're nowhere to be found.

0 Kudos

"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tiff92

92%
05 Rank
Progress
tiff92
Accepted Solution

@Fulcrum09 wrote:

On another note; Does anybody know where I can find some deer? When wandering around on free roam there's millions of them but as soon as I get a challenge to kill five of the *****ers they're nowhere to be found.

Haha that was the same for me. Look on the map for a picture of a deer. Im sure theres some near tall trees. Tall trees has almost every animal

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I Would remove that MW2 Pic from my Sig but I can't be bothered, seeing as I don't like CoD anymore

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
97%
09 Rank
Progress
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

@tiff92 wrote:

@Fulcrum09 wrote:

Haha that was the same for me. Look on the map for a picture of a deer. Im sure theres some near tall trees. Tall trees has almost every animal

On the subject of animals in online mode. Have any of you seen any Buffalos. I tried searching the area of the map, with a posse. Didn't find a single one. I wanted to see them running around.

-Cimbrer

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

@Cimbrer wrote:

@tiff92 wrote:

@Fulcrum09 wrote:

On the subject of animals in online mode. Have any of you seen any Buffalos. I tried searching the area of the map, with a posse. Didn't find a single one. I wanted to see them running around.

-Cimbrer

Buffalo are generally located on the Great Plains, although being as i'm still waiting to get online (damned University BS connection requirements!), I don't know if they appear.
Deer can definetly be found in Tall Trees, although it's worth making a mental noted of the difference between Deer, Buck and Elk because they're all in abundance up in Tall Trees. You might also try North of Gaptooth ridge and West and North of Armadillo, as i've seen many deer there. Some cropped up in Rio Bravo, too. Although I must wish you luck, because if Deer are troubling you, then Armadillos, Foxes, Raccoons and Skunks will drive you insane. I completed all the Ambient Challenges today, and I basically spent four hours in Tall Trees (RL) with my nose pressed against the screen watching for the tiniest movement to indicate a Skunk or a Raccoon. They mischieveously difficult to find, untill you've got five, and then they're bloody everywhere.
On another note; since when did Bears attack in packs? Or take lessons on stealth from Solid Snake? Some of them just appear behind me.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fulcrum09

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

@Gazz6666 wrote:

@Cimbrer wrote:

@tiff92 wrote:

@Fulcrum09 wrote:

-Cimbrer

Buffalo are generally located on the Great Plains, although being as i'm still waiting to get online (damned University BS connection requirements!), I don't know if they appear.
Deer can definetly be found in Tall Trees, although it's worth making a mental noted of the difference between Deer, Buck and Elk because they're all in abundance up in Tall Trees. You might also try North of Gaptooth ridge and West and North of Armadillo, as i've seen many deer there. Some cropped up in Rio Bravo, too. Although I must wish you luck, because if Deer are troubling you, then Armadillos, Foxes, Raccoons and Skunks will drive you insane. I completed all the Ambient Challenges today, and I basically spent four hours in Tall Trees (RL) with my nose pressed against the screen watching for the tiniest movement to indicate a Skunk or a Raccoon. They mischieveously difficult to find, untill you've got five, and then they're bloody everywhere.
On another note; since when did Bears attack in packs? Or take lessons on stealth from Solid Snake? Some of them just appear behind me.

lol I was having the same problem with bears^ It's like they're half ninja half grizzly.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
97%
09 Rank
Progress
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

@Gazz6666 wrote:

I seached most of the area Great Plains East to West, North to South. And I can relate to things being everywhere when you don't need them. Everytime I'm on a mission in singleplayer, there's plenty of flowers around me. When I go searching for them, they "hide" well. I'll keep searching for wild Buffalo.

I should at least see them in singleplayer, when I reach the area.

-Cimbrer  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

@Cimbrer wrote:
I seached most of the area Great Plains East to West, North to South. And I can relate to things being everywhere when you don't need them. Everytime I'm on a mission in singleplayer, there's plenty of flowers around me. When I go searching for them, they "hide" well. I'll keep searching for wild Buffalo.

I should at least see them in singleplayer, when I reach the area.

-Cimbrer  

I spotted several Deer around Rio Bravo earlier on, although several cougars were also hanging around, so it's worth watching your back.

On another note; the Hungarian Half-Breed, Kentucky Saddler and American Standardbred; these horses need to be broken before their respective deeds can be bought. However, is it simply a case of doing all the horsebreaking missions, or do I have to go out into the wild and catch one?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

renegadefunk6

87%
05 Rank
Progress
renegadefunk6
Accepted Solution
How can you tell the difference between types of horse? They all look the same to me (apart from colour of course)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

@renegadefunk6 wrote:
How can you tell the difference between types of horse? They all look the same to me (apart from colour of course)

In answering my own question, unlock the three aforementioned horses does seem to require you to hunt them down in the wild and capture them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

planet_lee

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
planet_lee
Accepted Solution
I'm trying to find a white stallion (for a stranger in one of the side quests), I've found one in Mexico, but every time I catch it, then try to tame / mount / break it, it throws me off before the 'break a wild horse' game-animation kicks in.
What's the deal with these ?
Anyone know ?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

@planet_lee wrote:
I'm trying to find a white stallion (for a stranger in one of the side quests), I've found one in Mexico, but every time I catch it, then try to tame / mount / break it, it throws me off before the 'break a wild horse' game-animation kicks in.
What's the deal with these ?
Anyone know ?

This is where I found mine. I would assume, since I got it first time, that patience and perseverance are what you need to catch the blighter.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

planet_lee

• Beta Tester
98%
05 Rank
Progress
planet_lee
Accepted Solution
"perseverance" ?
I caught it over 10 times over an hour ( of constantly attempting just that) and every time I mounted it, it threw me off before I could even attempt to tame it.
I must have to complete some other element or I caught a white stallion that isn't mean to be caught just yet ?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

@planet_lee wrote:
"perseverance" ?
I caught it over 10 times over an hour ( of constantly attempting just that) and every time I mounted it, it threw me off before I could even attempt to tame it.
I must have to complete some other element or I caught a white stallion that isn't mean to be caught just yet ?

Perhaps "Pot Luck" is a more appropriate term. Or "Skill". Possibly, a little of all. I, for example, caught the Stallion in one take. However, I have no shame in admitting that I cannot think fast enought to win at Five-Finger Fillet with a bet of $10 or more. Whatever you wish to call it, I don't believe there is any prerequisite to catching a white stallion apart from owning a lasso.

You could try doing a few horsebreaking missions in Ridgewood Farm and Chuparosa before trying again, but I don't think this will make any difference, except for added practice. Again, patience and practice are the only advice I can give you. Practice, persevere and you will be victorious.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Kiez
Accepted Solution
I managed to tame the white horse on my first go :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gazz6666

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

@Kiez wrote:
I managed to tame the white horse on my first go :)

I just caught the Gold horse and the Black horse in single attempts, thus completing "Bucking Awesome"

Now for "Fighting all over the world" to the sound of Status Quo's "Rockin' all over the world" :Lol:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shimmus

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Shimmus
Accepted Solution

@TehRadge wrote:
Well I am due to get this game tomorrow.

Interesting fact: I brought Red Dead Revolver into work with me today. Never played it before tbh, bought it and Gun and it's been in my pile for ages.

Was surprised actually, expected a GTA style game.

I wish I had a job where I could freely bring games into work.

...actually, I just wish I had a job. :Frown:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fulcrum09

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

@xKillerMonkeyx wrote:
Prize for the first person to punch a bear to death without using any other sort of weapon or dying :-P

I will get that prize if it costs me my life...ten times!

Apparently there's huge problems with the online.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xKillerMonkeyx

88%
04 Rank
Progress
xKillerMonkeyx
Accepted Solution
OMG i cant wait anymore, PLEEEAASSEEEEE give me mine tomorrow GAME. Watched some multiplayer streams, online looks awesome. Looks like the 360 one is a bit broke though and R* already released a patch for the 360.
0 Kudos

PSN: TalllPaul

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

funkshui

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
funkshui
Accepted Solution
testing my new sig with alternate cowboy PSN ID just for RDR.. Killed 12 men in all not counting Injuns and Chinamen.
0 Kudos

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/funkshuii/null-1.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

dirkblack

• Beta Tester
95%
04 Rank
Progress
dirkblack
Accepted Solution
The only problem i see with this game is that i am one of the (Very Few) people who can sometimes get motion sickness from a game, and this looks a doozy for that.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel