Progress

Cowboy Small Talk

[ Edited ]
67 Replies 3,243 Views edited 14-09-2012
18 May 2010
By MusterBuster

Yeehaw!

Well hello there Muley!

This here thread is for you road agents to small talk on the topic of Red Dead Remeption. Use this area for those quick fire discussions which dont deserve an entirely new thread.

Just be sure to keep it clean, this aint no place for running round on the dodge and we'll have necktie socials pretty darn quickly unless you follow our House Rules.

Shindig, anyone?!

For a few Cowboy terms and other spiel - look here.

MB

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

funkshui

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
funkshui
Accepted Solution
I thought 3rd person wasn't so bad for motion sickness? I know a guy who suffers really bad but games like warhawk didn't affect him..
0 Kudos

Re: Cowboy Small Talk

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/funkshuii/null-1.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fulcrum09

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

Just watched a couple of videos of the multiplayer free roam and I have to say the Colt looks far to overpowered. Every time somebody picked one up they just started owning everyone, the other players were barely getting a shot off before their head was blown to bits.

0 Kudos

"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

stme

• Award Winner
99%
09 Rank
Progress
stme
Accepted Solution

@dirkblack wrote:
The only problem i see with this game is that i am one of the (Very Few) people who can sometimes get motion sickness from a game, and this looks a doozy for that.

i only get motion sickness on some fps

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Shox121

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Shox121
Accepted Solution
man i cant wait for this. only 2 days left...time is dragging. i usually book a day off work for a big game release but i didnt bother this time. i'm regretting that now
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

realsince1999

89%
04 Rank
Progress
realsince1999
Accepted Solution

Where can I get Red Dead Redemption for a cheap price but not illegally?

0 Kudos

My YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xSpiikey

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
96%
02 Rank
Progress
TheMedusaCascade
Accepted Solution

@realsince1999 wrote:

Well, by looking at your 'name', I would hazard a guess that you are only 10 or 11 years old. Now this game has an 18 certificate so I'm sure that in 7 or 8 years time when you're old enough to play it I'm certain it will have dropped considerably in price. :smileywink: :BigGrin:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Fulcrum09

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Fulcrum09
Accepted Solution

@TheMedusaCascade wrote:

@realsince1999 wrote:

Well, by looking at your 'name', I would hazard a guess that you are only 10 or 11 years old. Now this game has an 18 certificate so I'm sure that in 7 or 8 years time when you're old enough to play it I'm certain it will have dropped considerably in price. :smileywink: :BigGrin:

lol don't be such a killjoy. I was playing 18 rated games when I was 11.

Play.com has the regular version for £40 and the limited edition for £50

Game has the regular for £40 and the Limtied edition is out of stock.

Best bet is probably ebay or a supermarket like tesco. To be honest though, most of the Limited Edition copies are gone, msot stores are sold out. And the regular one will be at least 35-40 in most places. So get saving your pocket money. :p

0 Kudos

"Dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidised dead baby".

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

spatuluk

96%
02 Rank
Progress
spatuluk
Accepted Solution

@realsince1999 wrote:

The issue at the moment seems to be just finding a copy, let alone paying for it.  I got mine about an hour ago, from Argos for £34.99.  I don't think it'll be going much cheaper than that anywhere, as all the stores know that it's selling REALLY well, even at full price.

I'm not gonna say anything tooo bad about you age, coz I've seen some of your posts, and you seem quite mature for someone your age.  Certainly more mature than a lot of people on this forum who're in their 20s/30s.  :)

Out of interest, have you seen any of the spaghetti westerns yet?  And does anyone else think that seeing those films first would enhance the game?

0 Kudos

Bring back THE GETAWAY!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I was there minding my own biz in Theives landing going to my liars dice challenge loction, some dude starts shooting me, so i shot him and 2 others started, so i shot them, got -50 honor and now my mission guy and everyone else has ran away. MADNESS
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lfcrule1972

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
lfcrule1972
Accepted Solution
I made a similar mistake whilst out riding at McFarlane Ranch, saw a chap being pursued by two cowboys on foot shooting at him, quick as a flash I shot them both just as the blue dot appeared on my map. It turned out they were deputies looking for my help to recapture an escaping prisoner !! :D

***** my itchy trigger finger
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Venomous_Soul

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Venomous_Soul
Accepted Solution

If anyone wants to add me for a posse and lvling my PSN is Venomous_Soul

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Cimbrer

• Award Winner
97%
09 Rank
Progress
Cimbrer
Accepted Solution

The trophy list is now updated, and includes the Co-Op trophies.

Run a compare trophies with a friend to see them.

-Cimbrer

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
mont348
Accepted Solution
Anyone had the COD4 UFO style glitch i was doing the Fort Mercer hideout the other night in SP i dont know how i did it i just climbed to upper level next thing i was airborne. :|

I thought WTH but i have seen a few Youtube vids it's a common glitch in SP and MP i dont know how you trigger it did by accident. :D
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Just got to a stranger in mexico, as i jumped over the wall i see a man attacking a woman, i aim and then says to come back another time due to hostile action taken to a stranger

:S
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Ellie87

• Beta Tester
87%
05 Rank
Progress
Ellie87
Accepted Solution

The Wolf population in Red Dead is certainly expanding, be cautious people! I swear I keep seeing MILLIONS of them swarming around everywhere D:

In other news, I aim to try and stop accidentally shooting my horses in the head, it's just so unbecoming of me! Plus, it's not particlaurly handy when this happens, if I am being circled by hungry Cougars at the time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

xLegioNx

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Yesterday, I watched an epic fight between a dog, a bear, and some wolves. There was a lot of blood, and only 1 wolf out of the whole pack stood victorious. :P So far the best moment of my RDR experience.
0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Duke_Kaine

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Duke_Kaine
Accepted Solution

LOL.... I was out in the desert lookin' for trouble when I came across this guy just wandering round aimlessly on his horse. I decided to make my presence felt so I ran over to him and killed his horse.

He then fell off (obviously), got back up and then started trying to punch me! As you can imagine, I was very distressed by the impromptu fisticuffs and retaliated by punching him back.

Picture the scene if you will; We're about 10-15ft from the edge of a cliff, and this is one HELL of a punch-up. We must have been swingin' fists at each other for over a minute until finally I manage to land a sah-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet uppercut straight on his chin. NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS CRAZY.

He started to do that fairly hilarious animation where they go all wobbly-legged and stagger back just after you KO an NCW. However, instead of then collapsing in a heap, he proceeds to stagger further and further backwards towards the cliff edge until he goes over the edge!! I p*ssed myself laughin, and went over to the edge to have a look down at him, forgetting that I'd just whistled for my horse and yep, you guessed it; All three of us end up in a big messy pile at the bottom of the cliff!

Classic.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

lfcrule1972

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
lfcrule1972
Accepted Solution
:D That really is a Cowboy D'oh moment !!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hydra25

92%
05 Rank
Progress
hydra25
Accepted Solution

@Ellie87 wrote:

The Wolf population in Red Dead is certainly expanding, be cautious people! I swear I keep seeing MILLIONS of them swarming around everywhere D:

In other news, I aim to try and stop accidentally shooting my horses in the head, it's just so unbecoming of me! Plus, it's not particlaurly handy when this happens, if I am being circled by hungry Cougars at the time.

Dead eye + Mauser automatic pistol. Wins every time.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
Wow just had to kill a bear with the melee knife, it is sooo hard, not the dying all the time hard but actually getting to knife them. My first go i got tag team by a boar and a bear, i was chasing the bear with my knife it was running away, next thing a boar starts chasing me, so i was chasing the bear, the boar chasing me. Anyways the boar got me cos they are suprisingly fast, i went over the bear turns around and runs over me, i get up run and the boar gets me again with the bear finishing me off.

Now to the kill, iwas chasing the bear around for 17 minutes all over Tall Trees before i finally got him, even had 2 bears hasing me while i was chasing the bear at one point which took some evasive shotgun action to kill a one of them, another fell down the cliff and the one i was chasing turned on me, i nearly died but got up and chased it again WOO

By far the hardest bit on the game lol
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jamez735

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Jamez735
Accepted Solution
Ellie87 wrote:

€20 PSN Card up for grabs @

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/General-Discussion/Help-me-out-and-win-a-20-PSN-Card/td-p/11104904

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel