New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Patch Alert: SOCOM Special Forces v1.04
by Jeremy Dunham, Senior Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
Another month of post-release play is in the books for SOCOM Special Forces, and your help in tracking down issues and exploits for us has been an invaluable resource as we continue to move forward with updates! This latest patch, scheduled for deployment during our regular maintenance window on the of July 12, is definitely our most exciting one yet – boasting the long-awaited activation of our SOCOM Party system that makes playing with your friends much convenient than before. We’ve also included a number of other additions and alterations which you can read about in the patch notes below.
This isn’t all the SOCOM info we have planned for the summer of course, as you’ll want to check back with us throughout the season as we return with details regarding what to expect in our next patch as well as the official announcement and details of our upcoming downloadable content. In the meantime, enjoy the latest SOCOM revision and have fun storming enemy lines!
SOCOM Special Forces v1.04
July 12, 2011 | TPPS: 42 MB, DLS: 11 MB
· Added “Party” system to primary multiplayer interface which allows players to invite other users to play with them in a persistent group until disbanded (up to 16 total players)
· Fixed bug that sometimes prevented Bomb Squad and Uplink matches to end properly despite one team winning the required number of rounds
· Players who do not have SOCOM Pro can now “Scavenge” Pro-associated weapons on the battlefield for a limited time use (does not unlock them permanently)
Weapons and Gear
· Added additional weapon “knock” to single and burst-fire modes for all weapons to limit possible rapid-fire exploits
· Games played under “Classic” rules now implement an “open” mic system for players in the Spectator lobby
· Added “open” mic functionality to all transition screens for games played under “Classic” rules
· Added “Games Played” statistics for SOCOM Pro maps
· Fixed issue that caused post-game text to display incorrectly at the end of a round or match
· Added functionality to allow all Gametypes to support independent XP bonuses
· Mics are now muted for the first five seconds of every round to reduce echo/ feedback from mass “round start” messages
· Implemented a number of stability fixes
Here goes. Delete all socom game files in your game utillities in the ps3 main menu. put in socom disc and continue pres 0 whenever promted to update untill you reach the main menu of the game.
now play single player mode for two missions. exit game by pressing ps3 button.
start game again and this time install the patch. just as it is finished press ps3 button when possible. exit game. start game again and now you should be able to update the online functionality.
add me. nick is suzmaduz. Also listen to my music on youtube. just type suzmaduz
Website ©2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info