Problem Solved

View Original Post
25 Sep 2012
By Brettt1

Brettt1

22%
02 Rank
Progress

Socom 4 patch 1.05 will download but not install. Please help.

1 Reply 26,057 Views Created 25-09-2012
25 Sep 2012
By Brettt1

Hello,  I am new to the forms and I just bought Socom 4.  I am having trouble installing patch 1.05.  It does download all 4 files but when the game installs the files once they are downloaded I get a error.  I have tried this method located below that someone else posted and this does not work for me.  Any one else having this same issue?  Does anyone have a workaround to get the Socom 4 to work?

Thank You

Try this

The 1.05 patch won't download for some users - you need to install the game data FIRST on a PS3. The issue is that if you buy the game new, and you put it into a PS3 where you've never played the game on before, it's gonna download the patch FIRST before installing the data, which will put you into a download error loop. So this is what you gotta do:

1. Delete data from previous download attempt.
2. Pop in the disc & start the game. When the black screen prompts you to update to 1.05, press O to quit (instead of X to continue).
3. Let the game install the game data (if at any time it prompts you to update, DO NOT, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same download loop as you were before).
4. Make sure that you can access the game's main menu (after the game data is installed). Then, you can try to access the online multiplayer, at which point the game will prompt you to log into the PSN, and the update prompt appears again. NOW you may update.
5. This time you'll notice that there will be no hiccups - all 4 updates should download fine. There will be one last stage of installing data, which will take some time.
6. Bob Vila, you can now play SOCOM 4!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mansfield_89

20%
02 Rank
Progress
mansfield_89
Accepted Solution
This method still does not work for me.. I can get the game data installed, and all 4 updates.. But when it gets to the final installing data, it just sits at 0 and does nothing even let it sit over night. And ive done the exact method youve wrote and many others i can get everything but the final installing data after the 4updates go through, please help!!!! Thanks!!
0 Kudos

Re: Socom 4 patch 1.05 will download but not install. Please help.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel