New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Hello, I am new to the forms and I just bought Socom 4. I am having trouble installing patch 1.05. It does download all 4 files but when the game installs the files once they are downloaded I get a error. I have tried this method located below that someone else posted and this does not work for me. Any one else having this same issue? Does anyone have a workaround to get the Socom 4 to work?
The 1.05 patch won't download for some users - you need to install the game data FIRST on a PS3. The issue is that if you buy the game new, and you put it into a PS3 where you've never played the game on before, it's gonna download the patch FIRST before installing the data, which will put you into a download error loop. So this is what you gotta do:
1. Delete data from previous download attempt.
2. Pop in the disc & start the game. When the black screen prompts you to update to 1.05, press O to quit (instead of X to continue).
3. Let the game install the game data (if at any time it prompts you to update, DO NOT, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same download loop as you were before).
4. Make sure that you can access the game's main menu (after the game data is installed). Then, you can try to access the online multiplayer, at which point the game will prompt you to log into the PSN, and the update prompt appears again. NOW you may update.
5. This time you'll notice that there will be no hiccups - all 4 updates should download fine. There will be one last stage of installing data, which will take some time.
6. Bob Vila, you can now play SOCOM 4!
Website ©2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info