80%
02 Rank
Progress

New tracks arriving on SingStore [6th February 2008]

53 Replies 5,046 Views Created 29-01-2008
29 Jan 2008
By Lestrade

New tracks arriving on the SingStore 6th February 2008

Wednesday 06 February 2008 will see the next in our series of fortnightly updates to the SingStore on PS3. As well as the new “Paradise Beach” wallpaper, the following 15 tracks will be available to download:

In English:
Bryan Ferry “Let's Stick Together”
Doves “Black And White Town”
Editors “Munich”
Marillion “Incommunicado”
MC Hammer “U Can't Touch This”
UB40 “Red Red Wine”
Whitney Houston “The Greatest Love Of All”

In German:
Wir Sind Helden “Nur ein Wort”
Wir Sind Helden “Von hier an blind”
Wir Sind Helden “Denkmal”

In Spanish:
Amistades Peligrosas “Estoy Por Ti”
Ejecutivos Agresivos “Mari Pili”
Gabinete Caligari “La Culpa Fue Del Cha-Cha-Cha”
Loquillo Y Trogloditas “Cadillac Solitario”
Los Ronaldos “Adiós papa”

We’ll keep you posted with more information about forthcoming song updates here in the official SingStar forum, so be sure to check back soon.

Thanks a lot,
Lestrade
0 Kudos
LABELS:

Lestrade's Sig - by Narr
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ryansoft

92%
02 Rank
Progress
ryansoft
Accepted Solution
Quality, thanks for the update :)
0 Kudos

Re: Singstore Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

wotta

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
wotta
Accepted Solution
I was looking forward to this update but I have to say that none of these songs really appeal to me, maybe I will have a listen to the ones Im not sure of before deciding whether to buy any or not.
0 Kudos

Freelance Games Journalist. Follow me on Twitter @_wotta

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dandliver

60%
02 Rank
Progress
dandliver
Accepted Solution
not very good songs there, i want daft punk :cry:
0 Kudos

R.I.P. Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

hodsey77

77%
03 Rank
Progress
hodsey77
Accepted Solution
Yes!! - MC Hammer! Woo hoo!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mufc76

60%
02 Rank
Progress
mufc76
Accepted Solution
Just the 7 English tracks?
Not what we were hoping for and pretty average tracks too (in my opinion). Guess things will pick up once it gets released in America.
Thanks for letting us know though.
0 Kudos

Re: SingStore Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
thecabbage
Accepted Solution
Hmmm, seven new english tracks... prepare for some more moaning from people chomping at the bit for new songs. It seems to me that there is an easy way of solving all the criticism (some of it very unfair) at Sony and London studios...
It involves this: Those of us with 60G backwards compatible PS3s who are long standing singstar fans already own a PS2 disc or three. We're NEVER going to spend the money to purchase our favourite songs again when we can just wap in the discs. (No matter how drunk we are..) HOWEVER - If there was some way of including in an update a way of allowing backward compatible PS3s to recognise the old PS2 discs at the singstar menu page then Sony would be killing three birds with one stone:
1, They wouldn't be bogged down in the legal wrangles over songs already in the singstar world and could concentrate on previously unreleased ones.
2, Criticism of the lack of songs in the singstar library would be answered (with aplomb!)
3, Sales of the PS2 discs would grow, meaning that stock could be sold off without the need for price cuts etc.

Now surely that's doable in an update? Along with the video delay to sort out those of us with mic lag..... Singstar patched and with a big library of songs is all that people want in my opinion...
0 Kudos

Sign up for SICK KIDS SAVE POINT - 24 hour gaming marathon for Sick kids - www.sickkidssavepoint.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WelshSossy

88%
02 Rank
Progress
WelshSossy
Accepted Solution
I'm sorry, but that update is just pathetic. I hope that this isn't the shape of things to come, as Singstar will die a quick death.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RNX-Knife

80%
01 Rank
Progress
RNX-Knife
Accepted Solution
15 songs? Jesus Christ. Oh no wait, in reality it's only 7 for UK owners.

That'll bring the grand total to a whopping 84! Nearly 100!

You may aswell just pack up the SingStar project right now, you know, and we know, you've cocked up somewhere.

But still well done on at least getting an update out to us, and keeping us notified about it. An improvement to say the least.

And for those who think I'm being completely harsh **** over the matter, then so be it. If people makes promises and bold statements, I expect them to keep them. If we don't get promised 'regular updates' for 3/4 weeks, and then get a measly 7 new songs, I'm not going to be happy. It's their job to get the songs on the SingStore, fair enough they are doing that, but 7 new songs?! Just **** off.

I brought my PS3 back on release for £425, and I'm still loyal to Sony, only just, but I am. I've spent a lot of money on the console, and with all the delays, false promises, false advertising and general ******** which has come from Sony's backside, don't expect me to be friendly towards the company who are very unproffesional at the moment.

Flame me, I don't care.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nicsteve

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Nicsteve
Accepted Solution
That really is very poor, but at least it won't be costing me any money that week on new Singstar songs which is a bonus!!

Mmmmm, I wonder what DLC will be available on Rockband? :gr8:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[evilstuie]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[evilstuie]
Accepted Solution
Sony's circling the drain with singstar now me thinks. 7 3rd rate songs..... that's their response to everyone's disappointment in the singstore so far??????
shows what they think of their customer base....Give them what we promised?? nah! give them just enough tripe to say we're trying our best. if this is your best, then I suggest you take some classes in rope tieing and find yourselves a nice quite room and do us all a favour.
To think a company like SONY can't get licensing rights to their own artists and songs.......
Give up, you can't recover from this and if you do, It'll be too late for me.
I've been holding off to have a singstar party for almost a year since it was meant to be released....then 2 months since it was meant to be updated, and had nothing but dissapointment.
So FU sony, and your london studios fat friend.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bnz99

60%
02 Rank
Progress
bnz99
Accepted Solution
Oh my, without words. I really thought that the Singstore is something that keeps this game alive for a reasonable time frame. But to be honest, i am not even interested in new songs or the video community any more. The new videos are just variants of the same old stuff and the videos in the "best videos"-category aren't changing. Also, some online multiplayer game modes are really missing. There is so much wasted potential in this game that it really hurts to see what Sony makes of it. I am just wondering whether they really didn't think this thing through when they planned and designed the game, whether they really don't know how to make this game right for next-gen, or whether they just released it early for cash knowing that it will be a half-baked thing.
0 Kudos

AW: SingStore Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MarkT1973

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MarkT1973
Accepted Solution
World beaters... no, but at least the English selection is a bit more diverse than the last upgrade. Wonder why we didn't get 3 tunes from any of these artists?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Mulletino

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Mulletino
Accepted Solution
You appear to have made a mistake, calling something spewed out by UB40 a "song". ;)
0 Kudos

Online PS gaming since 2003 - http://www.oaps.org

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Nicsteve

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Nicsteve
Accepted Solution
World beaters... no, but at least the English selection is a bit more diverse than the last upgrade. Wonder why we didn't get 3 tunes from any of these artists?

Diverse? They're not diverse, they're all crap ;)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

agm2502

88%
02 Rank
Progress
agm2502
Accepted Solution
I'll probaby be buying UB40, MC hammer and Whitney houston for my girlfriend. To me its not a bad update just need more and more songs.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hair_Metal_Kev

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Hair_Metal_Kev
Accepted Solution
I'll probaby be buying UB40, MC hammer and Whitney houston for my girlfriend. To me its not a bad update just need more and more songs.

same here...only for myself lol.

An ok update but lets face it were not getting any big hitters at the moment.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

merlinpants

88%
02 Rank
Progress
merlinpants
Accepted Solution
"U can't touch this!"

Sorry Sony, wouldn't want to!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WelshSossy

88%
02 Rank
Progress
WelshSossy
Accepted Solution
Oh my, without words. I really thought that the Singstore is something that keeps this game alive for a reasonable time frame. But to be honest, i am not even interested in new songs or the video community any more. The new videos are just variants of the same old stuff and the videos in the "best videos"-category aren't changing. Also, some online multiplayer game modes are really missing. There is so much wasted potential in this game that it really hurts to see what Sony makes of it. I am just wondering whether they really didn't think this thing through when they planned and designed the game, whether they really don't know how to make this game right for next-gen, or whether they just released it early for cash knowing that it will be a half-baked thing.

I have to agree with you, they need to do something with the uploaded stuff. Perhaps keep the top 5 from each month and add them to a seperate "Top 5" gallery or something and then reset it all again for the next month, so as to get new video's etc appearing on the "Highest Rated".

I was going to delete my Wookie vid but after reading all the positve comments I thought I'd leave it there. Just waiting for more songs for Chewy to make another appearance.

EDIT: Also, why the hell havn't we got Daft Punk, you just know it's party time when Daft Punk is playing. :gr8: Come on Sony/London Studio, give us Daft Punk.
0 Kudos

Re: AW: SingStore Update

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hair_Metal_Kev

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Hair_Metal_Kev
Accepted Solution
If it really is the uploading of videos that causing the licensing issues why don't they just disable that feature on most new videos. I'm sure people would rather have more new songs that they can't upload than say 3/5 a month that they can. Also we really need some more modern music fast. What ever happened to getting all the current chart music in weekly update along the ways... doesn't seem very likely at this rate. I can honestly say I'll be moving to Rock Band when its released and spending my money on their weekly DLC unless the Sing Star service gets updated in a big way.
0 Kudos

Re: New tracks arriving on SingStore [6th February 2008]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WelshSossy

88%
02 Rank
Progress
WelshSossy
Accepted Solution
If it really is the uploading of videos that causing the licensing issues why don't they just disable that feature on most new videos. I'm sure people would rather have more new songs that they can't upload than say 3/5 a month that they can.

Also we really need some more modern music fast. What ever happened to getting all the current chart music in weekly update along the ways... doesn't seem very likely at this rate.

I can honestly say I'll be moving to Rock Band when its released and spending my money on their weekly DLC unless the Sing Star service gets updated in a big way.

I remember an interview where Paulina Bozek said that. I can't ever see that happening now to be honest. It seems that despite the big claims, Singstar has had to be scaled down dramatically.
0 Kudos

Re: New tracks arriving on SingStore [6th February 2008]

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel