• Beta Tester
83%
04 Rank
Progress

using your own songs on Singstar

18 Replies 10,218 Views Created 18-11-2008
18 Nov 2008
By chriswhv6
i think it would be really cool if sony released a patch where it would allow the singstar game to access your own songs stored on the hard drive so you could sing along to them...i hope it happens one day soon...
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AtomicJet

60%
02 Rank
Progress
AtomicJet
Accepted Solution
I dont think singstar would shoot themselves in the foot...

Re: using your own songs on Singstar

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

edgelett01

96%
02 Rank
Progress
edgelett01
Accepted Solution

dunno how this would be shooting themselves in the foot....

i have friends who are unfortunate owners of 360's and they keep going on about how 'lips' will be better than singstar cause you can use your own songs

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution
I see huge legal technicalities... and how would the game chart your songs??

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

edgelett01

96%
02 Rank
Progress
edgelett01
Accepted Solution

@kiwiatlarge wrote:
I see huge legal technicalities... and how would the game chart your songs??

i dunno mate.

personally i don't know HOW microsoft can say that their 'Lips' game will be able to do any of that.

but you know what these 360 owners are like.......

i take satisfaction from the fact theirs got a RROD AGAIN last week.  that makes 8 for them that have gone back!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tntnnbltn

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Tntnnbltn
Accepted Solution

@edgelett01 wrote:

i dunno mate.

personally i don't know HOW microsoft can say that their 'Lips' game will be able to do any of that.

but you know what these 360 owners are like.......

Lips can't do any of that. It just plays the song (no lyrics or pitch bars) and you can sing along. Pretty much equivalent to singing along to an MP3 on your computer.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AtomicJet

60%
02 Rank
Progress
AtomicJet
Accepted Solution

@edgelett01 wrote:

dunno how this would be shooting themselves in the foot....

i have friends who are unfortunate owners of 360's and they keep going on about how 'lips' will be better than singstar cause you can use your own songs

Well if that happened i could use any song i have, so why would anyone BUY anymore singstar discs or DL..its all about making money...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution

dudes!!! I'm sorry but lips is a crock of *****, u might asweel just put on some cds and sing along with ur buddies, because that's what it is.

It's a pretty complex process that a singstar song goes through, in order to the pitch recognition in it and everything.

It's not to just spin money from the individual discs, it has to be done that for each individual song.  You could use any music track in dance factory, because it's a much simpler operation to generate rhythmic dance beats to a track than it is, to have the lyrics, and have a input of pitch being recognised.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

edgelett01

96%
02 Rank
Progress
edgelett01
Accepted Solution

@smokeypsd wrote:

dudes!!! I'm sorry but lips is a crock of *****, u might asweel just put on some cds and sing along with ur buddies, because that's what it is.

It's a pretty complex process that a singstar song goes through, in order to the pitch recognition in it and everything.

hey i'm just passing on what my 360 fanboi mates are saying to me about why (according to them) Lips is a massivley big improvement on Singstar.

I think it's a crock , but you know what 360 owners a like

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
fair enough, well yeah, like always, they're being full of ***** haha.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Big_Supes

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Big_Supes
Accepted Solution

I own both a 360 and PS3 and I don't understand why so many PS owners slate the 360 so much??

TBH, if my PS3 didn't play Blu-rays, it would be sold. The 360 really does lead the way in terms of gaming.... this being said, it looks like I'll be chosing Sing Star over Lips.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution

I have nothing against the 360 at all, I think it's a good console, the games on it just aren't my thing, it's 360 fanboys who have a huge crusade against the ps3.  It's not enough to just like their console of choosing, it has to be a moral victory against all the rest.

U'll find that most comments against the 360 are actually against the fans of 360, and how they conduct themselves.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Big_Supes

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Big_Supes
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I can relate to people bashing fanboys. I suppose I just get a little peeved when I see a lot of PS3 owners slating the 360 itself, when Microsoft and the 360 are leading the way... even Sony were attempting to slate the 360 at E3 in a desperate attempt to save face. Microsoft's response wasn't to retaliate, but to say that they wouldn't tell people not to buy a competitor's console, instead they would just tell people why they should buy theirs.

Big things are on the horizon with the 360.... as a gamer, I also hope there's a brighter future for the PS3.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Big Supes, I have both systems... well the 360 belongs to the mrs, and although I'm more 'pro-PS3'... as it is my hard earned money and I prefer the exclusives, I will be the first to acknowlege a lot of good things about the other console...

Dare I say it, there are lots about it I actually prefer to the PS3 (such as media streaming, and that guitar hero/rock band compatibility actually works!)... It's also hard to argue that $ for $ if you want to play multi-format games that aren't reliant on online, and you are fortunate enough to have a room structure where you don't need wi-fi, the 360 is better value for money..

On topic, that said.... Nothing about Lips has ever swayed me to change camps from Singstar... from what I can tell, the 'own songs' aspect is as gimmicky as the user creation mode in GH:WT..

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
leadplayer_chris
Accepted Solution

I think there could be a way to get your own songs on singstar. The thing that's cool with singstar is, is that you can sing with your friends and it gives you the score and all that which is why you'll pay for the official songs and discs. What they could possibly do with the songs that you self import is that when you play it, it won't give you the score and pitch tables but it does give you the lyrics to sing along. that could be fun, but yes legal problemms will be a problem :(

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Anton_Timo

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Anton_Timo
Accepted Solution

lol if they did that they'd lose all their money cause  everyone will just download them off the net and put them on their ps3, and swap disc isnt that great besides half the ps2 singstar disc 's are on ps3 and the ones that aren't (if any) maybe they should make a ps3 version of them what they should do is allow everyone to request  songs they want to be put on the singstore i dont mind paying $2.50 for a song (cheap as chips) theres not many songs on singstore just over 1000 if im correct 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Max-Power-X

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Max-Power-X
Accepted Solution

Lips just suxs, another failed attempt from Microsoft to copy a great Sony franchise, they should've just made another shooter hahahaa!!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

smokeypsd

96%
05 Rank
Progress
smokeypsd
Accepted Solution
The tech just isn't there to be able to do that, each song not only needs to be licenced, but formatted and programmed.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WildRage999

22%
02 Rank
Progress
WildRage999
Accepted Solution

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT!!! That's how they get money by buying songs if they released that patch people would pirate songs add them to the hard drive and then they have free song.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel