• Beta Tester
87%
08 Rank
Progress

Surviving Mars

7 Replies 1,875 Views Created 12-05-2017
12 May 2017
By Reidzer-N7

Today Paradox Entertainment announced Surviving Mars, a management strategy game developed by Tropico series veteran studio Haemimont Games.

The game will come to Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windows, Mac, and Linux, and is scheduled for a 2018 release. Below you can read an official description.

“In Surviving Mars, players will lead a colonization effort on the surface of Mars, from the very first rovers and supply drops to the construction of suitable habitats for brave settlers from Earth. Every colonist will be vital to the mission as the colony struggles to gain a foothold where the environment is hostile and resources are scarce. With each success, however, players will gain the ability to expand further, and even establish a thriving society – and lead a new generation that has never known the Earth.”

Haemimont Games CEO Gabriel Dobrev accompanied the press release with a statement:

“We feel that strategy and management games are at their best when they let the player experience the unique story being told by their decisions, and Surviving Mars is going to have that in a big way. Your colonists aren’t just working to improve production, they’re struggling to survive, and their conflicts and concerns are intense. Surviving Mars lets you understand what your colonists are dealing with on an individual level, and coming up with creative plans for those needs will be a new challenge for our fans.”

Paradox Interactive CEO Fredrik Wester also commented:

“We’ve wanted to work with Haemimont Games for years, and it looks like the stars have finally aligned. Expanding our management-strategy catalog has been something we’ve wanted to do for some time, after the successful launch of Cities: Skylines and building the player community around that genre. Finding a developer who shares our core design tenets is always gratifying, but with Haemimont and Surviving Mars we’re going to be giving our players a new experience that’s uniquely their own, and I’m looking forward to hearing the tales of triumph and catastrophe from our community.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/surviving-mars-ps4-xbox-one-pc-announced-paradox-coming-2018/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKzEHFp_WWY

LABELS: PS4
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Ah didn't realise you made a thread on it, so will just copy and paste what I wrote in another thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Off-Topic/Crusader-Kings-II-thread-Oh-no-I-died-p...

Paradox is teaming up with the team behind Tropico to make "Surviving Mars" -- a sci-fi city-building game.

Great tagline! Also, was just described as "hardcore city builder". Nice!

Surviving Mars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

JynXten

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
JynXten
Accepted Solution

Surviving Mars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Johnny_me2

76%
05 Rank
Progress
Johnny_me2
Accepted Solution

That looks like a great game, I will look into this one.

0 Kudos

Surviving Mars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bielelloh

21%
02 Rank
Progress
bielelloh
Accepted Solution

Got the game on ps4 today. Everything was going great until around the time we placed our first dome. The camera tilt changed from the nice, top-down view to a more flat view. This made it much harder to clearly see the positioning icons on the ground, and made general gameplay quite awkward and uncomfortable. And we cannot find any way on our ps4 to correct the view. I fear that without help we may need to accept the $40 loss and move on. Is there any fix for this?

0 Kudos

Surviving Mars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lacuna_Inc420

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Lacuna_Inc420
Accepted Solution

To fix your issue, hold r2 while zooming out, it will adjust the angle. But my issue is, after the 4th dome you place even with a  ps4 pro, the game starts lagging uncontrollable. And there are so many minor and major issues with the game as a whole. If you haven't bought the game i wouldn't just yet. It seems to be issue after issue. You would think with a ps4 it would run fine, but even in mid game its lagging out of control. If i add anymore building i fear the game will crash.

0 Kudos

Surviving Mars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
Onkelsinkremsaus
Accepted Solution