02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Can't add funds to wallet error 80023102 or NP-2244-2

[ Edited ]
291 Replies 69,640 Views edited 29-02-2012
27 Nov 2011
By Foxxis

We have been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. I have done too much research and tried to get in contact with the local support (Sweden) to no avail. 

The problem is that it is impossible to add funds to the online wallet both during a purchase or as a separate action. The attempt is met with the "Can't add funds to wallet" or "Error 80023102". 

I know of the usual suggestions for solution of this problem, so to prove that the error isn't on our end here they are and debunked:

- We have tried with difference credit cards. Both cards have had the small test-charge gone through without a problem. So there is no adress or credit card detail problem.

- We have managed to buy content using both cards. The error is thus intermittent. It sometimes works, but most often not. AND this is without us changing anything. No network changes, no card detail changes. Nothing. It rarely works, but on some occasions it does.

- There are no connection problems. Online gaming is problem free, all other actions in the store or vs. PSN works well. We have tried connecting the PS3 with an ethernet cable directly to the cable modem = no router or firewall inbetween. This has no effect on the problem.

- The credit card company has investigated the issue and for all our attempts report that Sony has not attempted a charge. The transaction is aborted before it has even begun contacting a payment processor or bank. So it is not the case of our credit card company denying the charge.

All in all, I am 100% confident that this problem lies with Sony and I would like to see this resolved. I am a professional game developer by trade and my guess is that Sony has implemented some rigorous security system in the wake of the fiasco that led to accound and credit card details being stolen. This security system generates false positives and is apparently for some reason blocking our attempt to spend money with Sony.

Rest assured we will NOT purchase any additional Sony products this or the next generation unless this is responded to in a professional matter and resolved. If Sony doesn't want our money and denies our transactions then fine - we will take our business elsewhere.

Regards,

Foxxis

Disappointed customer.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

As you all know the error codes 80023102 and NP-2244-2 for the PS Vita are general codes to signify that the wallet funding has not taken place.  The reason that the funding failed will differ from user to user.  

As such the advice is to complete the below trouble shooting steps. 

• Ensure the billing details entered on your Sony Entertainment Network account exactly match the details as they appear on your credit or debit card, including the cardholder’s name and the card expiry date

• Make sure that the credit or debit card that you are using to add funds has been issued in the same country in which you have registered your Sony Network Entertainment account

• Check with your card issuer to confirm that they have not blocked this payment to your network account wallet. 

If you have already completed the above steps without success, or you try them and have no luck then you will have to contact your local PlayStation Support for further assistance.  They will be able to investigate in further detail the specific reason that your transaction has failed.

Unfortunately due to the varying reasons for failed wallet funding there is no blanket solution to fix this for everyone and you will have query this on an individual basis.

SFZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Can't add funds to wallet / error 80023102

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Morteth

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Morteth
Accepted Solution
Exactly! I still have the same issues. No solution yet.

Damn you Sony!
0 Kudos

Re: Can't add funds to wallet error 80023102 or NP-2244-2

It's never too late for cake!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

oliback

44%
02 Rank
Progress
oliback
Accepted Solution

I waited over a week, all charges on my card was gone, waited an additional day just to be sure...

Still the same damn problem. NP-2244-2. o_o

Please fix this Sony, getting incredibly frustrated.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mark0869

20%
02 Rank
Progress
mark0869
Accepted Solution

check your profile billing settings...if needed re-enter them ...had the same issue

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mAcn1Ak

43%
02 Rank
Progress
mAcn1Ak
Accepted Solution

yeah...I bougt that psn card n I could add it to my wallet this way...that error case sucks n customers service double sucks  but I steel prefere PS then X-BOX!

I'm waitin when Apple will make game console...it will kill PS n X-...

Laters...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Morteth

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Morteth
Accepted Solution

Well well well..

I called my local support (Denmark) after trouble shooting they sent me an e-mail with a couple of questions. After having answered those, they forwarded my mail to SCEE. After 2 whole weeks, they told me to call them. But if I lived outside of UK, then I had to contact my local support.

*****? Seriously? It's like an evil circle. Gawd, I'm so screwed. It'll never get fixed. I'm stuck at using PSN cards then.

0 Kudos

It's never too late for cake!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rionbronze

28%
02 Rank
Progress
rionbronze
Accepted Solution

Oh come on sony this been happening to me and others around my area. this is getting stupid now. if (AND i not saying it is) this is a another hack situation and you havn't told us, YOUR customers, then you will be losing a large amount of your customers. so can at least post a notice on any of your sites just to explain whats happened.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

JustToClarify

22%
02 Rank
Progress
JustToClarify
Accepted Solution

I'm also having this issue. I'm trying to buy a 25c avatar for my new account, but no dice. Thanks Sony.

My credit card details are all entered accurately, there's enough money on it for a €5 funding to PSN, and there's no other reason it shouldn't be working.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Doomtrain88

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Doomtrain88
Accepted Solution
The error has disappeared for me...I just deleted the billing informations from the account and waited 4-5 days and it worked again ^^
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gersders01

23%
02 Rank
Progress
gersders01
Accepted Solution

this just started happening to me, i changerd my details and tried buying call of duty elite, didnt work, so i tried adding funds and it only let me add £10, what is the point of that Sony?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MartIsGod90

23%
02 Rank
Progress
MartIsGod90
Accepted Solution
Ok so i add £5 to put on FIFA UT, no problem. When i go to add another 5 i get this error code, checked my CC details and balance and all obvious avenues but no luck. Normally id just wait till its fixed but sony kinda taking the mick now with issue after issue. Explanation and solution needed NOW or i personally will stop throwing money at the inconsiderate people of sony who clearly dont care about customer care and satisfaction.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

oliback

44%
02 Rank
Progress
oliback
Accepted Solution

Well, it seems to be fixed for me now!

Bought a 40 euro (400SEK) card at the store. Added it to my account and purchased Disgaea 2.

Waited for about a week, then used the rest of the funds and credit card to purchase wipeout 2048, worked like a charm.

Hope it sorts itself out for the rest of you!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Roggus73

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Roggus73
Accepted Solution

Ive been trying to add to my wallet for over a year now. Different cards, writing my adress in different ways etc. Still NOTHING!!! 

Tried to add via PSN website - same crap. Very flipping annoying!!!!

It DID work about 2 years ago, no problem. Could buy games and what not. But now, after I moved - death!

Im living in Mexico, but the mexican/american forum is full of loons so here I am. Im NOT Mexican. Im a Swede. Using a Swe debit card - did not work. Used a Mexican debit card - did not work.

The SAME Swe debit card DID work 2 years ago.

I dont know what kind of security problems there must be very locally in my new city that keeps PSN from accepting my money. No druglords here.

There must be some major effup with PSNetwork over the world since this is one of the most common things ppl get ***** with. 

Why havent this been fixed? I heard Sony is loosing money. I have money to give you! You want them or not??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

strangeplaice

• Award Winner
93%
10 Rank
Progress
strangeplaice
Accepted Solution

Contact your local Customer Support line by telephone and have them manually add the card. You can find most, if not all Customer Support lines here.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CRAIGCO51

28%
02 Rank
Progress
CRAIGCO51
Accepted Solution
same porbelm here -_-
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xXEpiCFuZioNXx

24%
02 Rank
Progress
xXEpiCFuZioNXx
Accepted Solution

I have been seeing alot of these (80023102) error code issues over the years and not had a problem, it is now 2012 and i am having this problem adding funds to my account, i have seen forums from 2008 saying they will be on the case and have it done in 24 hrs yet four years later ive started having this problem, they still not fixed it yet ? if anyone can help me sort this problem out please help my card works everywhere but here i have updated my details to the punctuation and nothing, this is bulls**t !.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

StepUp2TheMyke

24%
02 Rank
Progress
StepUp2TheMyke
Accepted Solution

Hello All,

I too am suffering from this, I have never had a problem until the last 3 months or so.  I too have had the same lame answers from the Sony Network.  I too have double checked all of my credit info which is pointless because it worked fine before I changed any thing!  I also have opened up network firewall holes as to Sony's Instruction even though it was just fine before.  It is a shame that such great hardware is at the mercy of bad programming.  Looks like it is time to buy a new system, it will not have Sony name on it!  Consumer service has been lost.  Some times it is hard to see Earth from Mount Olympus.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Bladestrikers

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Bladestrikers
Accepted Solution

I had this problem a few years ago and it randomly started working one day. Well it happened again about two months ago and hasn't worked since. My details are fine and work on other websites. Do you want my money or not? :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jonesy-vita

48%
02 Rank
Progress
jonesy-vita
Accepted Solution

Hello,

I'm replying on this thread from France and it seams that many french people are experiencing issues with adding funds to wallet. 

0 Kudos

Re : Can't add funds to wallet error 80023102 or NP-2244-2

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
phantasmphorever
Accepted Solution