24%
02 Rank
Progress

Media Streaming Issues "DLNA Protocol Error 7522"

15 Replies 32,394 Views Created 07-11-2008
07 Nov 2008
By Dr_Krippen

Hi all,

I have had my ps3 about a week now, and its updated to the latest firmware, but i have had little luck in getting my music to stream. Its the strangest problem, as my pictures and videos stream fine, but when i goto the music tab, it generates the above error and says that there are no tracks. I have double and triple checked WMP11 and the music files (mp3's) are definately being shared (I can access them on my 360 with no issues). I have tried resetting the ps3 media sharing setting, resetting my router and PC, and turning them back on again, but with no luck. 

I can access Playstation Network with no trouble and can use the web browser with no problems either, so its not an access problem. I think it must lie with WMP11, or my firewall, but as I can access pictures and videos, I dunno if it can be the firewall...

I am accessing wirelessly on a WPA protected network, with a fixed IP (DHCP is turned off). I have double checked allmy wireless settings too, and re-entered them, and still no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

Thanks

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dnkep

21%
02 Rank
Progress
dnkep
Accepted Solution

I am having the same issue.  Reading over the internet and I am seeing several others with the issue.  I just got my PS3.  I updated it to the latest firmware (2.52 I think).   I am running Windows XP with media center.   Just about everything works:  Pictures, Video......... and audio "playlists" work but trying to just view the list of music (not playlists) gives me the DLNA Protocol Error 7522.

What is the solution?

Message Edited by dnkep on 12-11-2008 02:04 AM
0 Kudos

Re: Media Streaming Issues "DLNA Protocol Error 7522"

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kozuch

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Kozuch
Accepted Solution
Sony really sucks, I thought 2.52 will clear the issue, was horny for an update, but the loosers did not fix a thing.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BugsyDefector

21%
02 Rank
Progress
BugsyDefector
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same error message as will since firmware 2.50 using WinXP and WMP10, an update to 2.52 did not change the behaviour at all. As I am pretty desparate as one of the core functionalities of the PS3 (aka audio streaming) does not work at all I will try http://tversity.com/ and see if it is Windows Media Player related - which I doubt as there are reports that Sony change the DLNA profile of the PS3 with f/w 2.50.

I suggest to add testing of media streaming functionalities before a new firmware goes live.

0 Kudos

Betreff: Media Streaming Issues "DLNA Protocol Error 7522"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dr_Krippen

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Dr_Krippen
Accepted Solution

I have been doing a bit of playing with my PC and PS3, and i think I might have cracked it, although I may have just got lucky.

My mp3 collection is... sizable (about 32gb) and I was sharing the whole lot over the network. My friend suggested that it may be due to the sheer volume of tracks that the PS3 can't parse all the information, and thus displays the error, I was scepticle as my 360 has no problems whatsoever. Anyway, i started by removing all music folders from the sharing list in WMP11 and then restarted everything and then started adding folders one at a time.

And it worked. Even though I have now only got about 25% of my music shared, at least I can now listen to the stuff I like the most, and adjust what I share when I want to change. Its a fix, but certainly not ideal, as it should be able to handle all the music, not just a small selection. Over the coming week, i will progressivly add more music on the share list and see if i can find the "limit" so to speak and let you guys know. 

Like i said, it worked for me, but I don't know what you guys' circumstances are, but lets hope its of some help!

Cheers

0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Media Streaming Issues "DLNA Protocol Error 7522"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

biggame1998

20%
02 Rank
Progress
biggame1998
Accepted Solution
It has to be the size, I have four PC's three running Vista one on xp. My computer with the largest music file is approximately 67gbs. It (the playstation) will not play any of the music files, only offers the error (DLNA 7522). However the computer with smaller music folders play over the network just fine, so do pictures, videos and music files from the other three computers.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

janac

20%
02 Rank
Progress
janac
Accepted Solution
Thanks a lot, i use tversity too, and i love it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TexBrad

26%
02 Rank
Progress
TexBrad
Accepted Solution

Use PS3 Media Server and you will not get the 7522 error! :-)

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

massivematt314

30%
02 Rank
Progress
massivematt314
Accepted Solution
I have the exact same problem.  It reads my pics and videos just fine but not my music.  I believe this is a quantity issue also because i have a lil over 4000 songs.  I think it will only read about 2000, because i did the same thing the other guy was describing, put a lil music on at a time until it gave me the error.  Anyhow, this is extremely annoying and i hope sony addresses this in the next firmware update.  I know i have the option of using a different media server but i would rather stick with windows media player.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SHfourKY

35%
02 Rank
Progress
SHfourKY
Accepted Solution
Yup, im getting this error now.   I had an old library in WMP and when i first turned on sharing the ps3 played my music fine.   Rebuilt the libray and pointed WMP at my video and picture areas and rebuilt the music library at the same time and now i can watch videos, but not listen to music.  As said above, probably size related.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bilyboy65

21%
02 Rank
Progress
bilyboy65
Accepted Solution

I get this same error. I have a different work around then downloading a new software or reorganizing your entire library. If you create a playlist and just include all of your music on that playlist the PS3 will read and play all of your music. At least this seems to work for me although I'm not entirely sure that my entire music collection is there.Creating playlists in WMP seems to work for me.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EZVZ

21%
02 Rank
Progress
EZVZ
Accepted Solution
Thanks for sharing TexBrad, you saved me SEVERAL DAY/MONTHS of angst!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

M2_2UST

88%
01 Rank
Progress
M2_2UST
Accepted Solution

i have tried the ps3 media server and it recognises all y tracks but it plays with no sound and if i just use media sharing on old way it wont even load the tracks aarrrggghhhh

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aravindaperera

21%
02 Rank
Progress
aravindaperera
Accepted Solution

Hi all,

I've just got a PS3 and updated my firmware. I'm still getting this error. Is this something Sony still hasn't addresssed?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zombie_Forever

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Zombie_Forever
Accepted Solution

just started getting the same error to, not added anything new to my music folder though :S

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Effinofinus

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Effinofinus
Accepted Solution

One common problem is the length of file paths, this is made up of names of the folders and files put together.

It is not so much the size of the libary but the length of the file path, although having a large library organised into lots of folders can lead to the same effect. 

Try redusing the names on files and folders that are long, if that doesnt work tryredusing the amount of levels.

It doesn't matter which operating system you are using or if it is a dedicated device like a NAS, it has the same effect.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel