GODzillaGSPB

78%
02 Rank
Progress

Please add 1080p option for 4k tv users

1 Reply 795 Views Created 19-01-2018
19 Jan 2018
By GODzillaGSPB

I recently started to play The Last Guardian and so far I like it for the wonderfull design, the music and of course for Trico. What imediately become apparent was the rather bad performance. In many scenes it didn't even feel like getting the usualy 30fps and this video here confirmed my experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg48KvAVakQ

So the game definitely uses either a 1080p renderer or a renderer with a much higher resolution based on which kind of tv is used and there is no option in the game menu to pick and choose which resolution should be used. Instead the game chooses for me which is a rather poor decision by the developer in my honest opinion, because of the bad performance.

What's worse is that the trick from the video DOESN'T WORK anymore. The video is over a year old and there have been changes to the PS4 OS so when I currently try and reset the resolution back to 2160p after I started the game, my PS4 Pro will close all running applications. The only option for me is to run a constant 1080p and let my tv do the scaling. Not a very satisfying solution.

Please, add the option to the game menu. It doesn't matter if the game needs to restart in order for this to work, it mustn't be an "on the fly" setting like in Horizon Zero Dawn. But I like to choose wether to run in 1080p or 4k mode and don't want you to choose for me, with all the negative consequences this brings for performance. :(

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GODzillaGSPB

78%
02 Rank
Progress
GODzillaGSPB
Accepted Solution

I'm in part of the game where you have to balance over the cables, the views are breathtaking and in several parts of those levels I enjoy it the way the developers intended it: In glorious pseudo-4k-20fps. :)

0 Kudos

Please add 1080p option for 4k tv users

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel