Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

The more I play this game the more I love it. I knew I would. Ico is one of my fav games of all time. And this one has so much of what I loved still around. 

I dunno if it's cause I'm a cat person but the relationship with Trico is great. So cute. I keep saying that but he really is. Even when he shoves his bum hole in my face. I believe that's how cats kiss lol.  

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
95%
04 Rank
Progress
ThroughTheIris56
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

That's funny because whenever I interact with my dog now I'm reminded of Trico. It's every animal in one.

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FLAMINSHEEP

62%
02 Rank
Progress
FLAMINSHEEP
Accepted Solution

I am enjoying The Last Guardian and this is my first Team ICO game I am playing.I got it on Sunday and I say it is a pleasure to play. I love how emotive and realistic Trico is and love it when he gently moves his talons over objects(like his food barrels) as if

inspecting them.Plus the fact he reminds me a lot of how my dog acts not always responsive and often gets distracted and looks at you confused.Which I think is adorable,extremely so that he whimpers when you go out of his viewpoint to do a puzzle or whatever.  Just done the water puzzle section, and must say the graphics are fantastic.

The Last Guardian

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
99%
13 Rank
Progress
davum
FLAMINSHEEP
Accepted Solution

Love his little whimpers 

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/c/BwolfTheWolf

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Dammit I'm stuck for first time since playing it.

I don't want to Google it yet, I just need to figure it out somehow.

How many times have you felt proper stuck @davum and if you have, did you cheat and look it up?

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

davum

• MVP
99%
13 Rank
Progress
davum
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

I got stuck at 2 points and both of them were because I was being blind. There were 2 small holes I needed to crawl through.

I've not looked anything up yet. 

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/c/BwolfTheWolf

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Playstation Staff
Online Support

LordRoss

• Online Support
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Found a way through. The whole chain thing was just a ruse. 

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
95%
04 Rank
Progress
ThroughTheIris56
Accepted Solution

Finished the game yesterday so here are my brief thoughts, probably shouldn't read if you haven't finished it yet.

Spoiler

Overall I really like the game as it has some phenomenal ideas, but it should have been better as it's technical issues let it down a lot. I honestly don't know how these are so frequent, I know the game is unique and ambitious but the game was meant to come out on previous gen hardware, has been in development for over a decade and has been delayed numerous times. Trico is capable of some amazing feats but is unable to obey simple commands in late game, the camera has not been well implemented enough even in areas where Trico's size isn't an issue, and controls should be like this in a modern game. Not to mention the game has constant framerate dips, which make the poor camera and controls worse.

K now on to the good stuff. This game is a lot like Ico but much more interesting and better. First of all Trico is a far superior companion to Yorda. You don't need to literally drag him around and he will help you as much as you help him in creative and well thought out ways, making the bond a lot stronger, unlike in Ico where the only way she helped you was by opening magic doors. The story is the best out of the Team Ico games, really gives you reason to progress since you have more investment in the supporting cast. My only disappointment was the villain. The Queen was pretty good as she had build up and a reason to hate her, whereas the Master was just a blob with no character whatsoever. However the feeding kids to him twist was horrible but really well done. In fact the entire ending was amazing, it brought me on the verge of tears. Combat or should I say enemy encounters where very interesting. Basically like Ico but with the roles reversed, which was more interesting, especially bits when you were stuck without Trico. They even spiced it up with sldiers holding portable mirrors, however I wished they could have done more to let you help, a lot of the time I found myself not needing to do anything which could be a bit boring. Also I think I died once in combat, death was never a fear which didn't help. However pacing in the game was really well done, barrel searching was a nice way to build a bond and have things be slow, while set pieces like enemy encounters and structures collapsing were really exciting. I just which the framerate could remain stable during them.

All in all, despite it's flaws the game is amazing and it's an experience I won't forget. It's a fine addition to the Ico universe, and I cannot wait to see what Fumito Ueda and Gen Design come up with next.

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

miha6644

22%
02 Rank
Progress
miha6644
Accepted Solution

A big thank you to Mr. Fumito Ueda with his team and Sony, for delivering such an extraordinary experience. Can't wait for the book that's coming later this month!

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NeemKaroliBaba

21%
02 Rank
Progress
NeemKaroliBaba
Accepted Solution

Wonderful game. Captivating, beautiful, great story...though, not long enough, landscape is not open world as id hoped, its too easy almost impossible not to suceed, only one skill level, no access to world once you complete the game, it starts you all over. Wishing there was more

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ingeriddd

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Ingeriddd
Accepted Solution

Maby a dumb question, but Trico is Toriko on Japanese? And what is the pronunciation? Becouse it sound like he calls him/her Toriko in the game? 

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
AdamalBraveHeart
Accepted Solution

Hello everyone, 

If you do love Last Guardian, ICO, and/or Shadow of the Colossus like I do... 

I do have an extra NICO DVD that you could only get in Japan.  Link Below. 

Last Guardian was a beautiful game and smell had that emotional bond like all the other games.  =)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/232332371829?

0 Kudos

The Last Guardian

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel