Problem Solved

View Original Post
09 Jun 2011
By Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

69%
02 Rank
Progress

The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

445 Replies 29,808 Views Created 09-06-2011
09 Jun 2011
By Fuzzypotato

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if SP was going to open up a thread about this in the near future but I am gonna go ahead and do it until they make one. So, like the title says, this is a check out my level thread.

So people can know about your level, post w/the following info:

1. Mission name
  2. Mission tags
  3. Mission location – describe it the best you can
  4. Basic summary of the mission, not necessarily the objective you gave it when creating the mission, but just what we would be seeing
  5. (If you want to) Problems you think could be fixed but don’t know how to or problems you had that you are unhappy with in general

I’ll start it out

1. Retake the RFI!
  2. Search and Rescue, Kill ‘em all
  3. On the street in-between the back of the citadel and the compound from the compound assault mission
  4. You’ll be making your way to the docks behind the compound looking for an RFI pickup, blasting a good amount of baddies as you go
  5. I had problems with the briefing commands; I wanted them to go off on a timer so they only appear once rather than going off from a volume box. You could step over them more than once (for some you would have to go really out of your way, but I got blasted into a few) and it would make the dialogue out of place

Feel free to contribute whenever you like and give feedback to others who post!

Thanks all! :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RetroSteveUK

92%
03 Rank
Progress
RetroSteveUK
Accepted Solution

@Proeliator7-1 wrote:

Unbelievable missions, STUNNING LOGIC....  how long did it take you to build them?

Bloody ages, mate!  lol :)

0 Kudos

Re: The 'check out my level' thread (unofficial)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ben_I_C

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Ben_I_C
Accepted Solution

Its a narrative and only the firstpart of the story, so there will ne unexplained parts to the story.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=13dab61b-57b8-42...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ben_I_C

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Ben_I_C
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

Descent: Rings of New Marais

A non-combat mission where you are placed on a platform high in the air and glide down to the ground using your static thrusters while collecting rings along the way. The dialogue sets up W.I.C.K.E.D. If you haven't played it, you don't need to understand the story in Descent. But the link to my profile is below where you can Queue it.

Features 3 Areas with 4 Sets of Rings in varying amounts, except for Area 3 which only features 3 sets. The different "Areas" give you a different background setting as you descend.

Enjoy! :D 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

bluman04

84%
02 Rank
Progress
bluman04
Accepted Solution

I just changed the name of pt 2 to fit the story better. pt 3 will be finished by sometime next week.

inFAMOUS pt. 1: Mark of the Beast

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=68c259f3-8f18-45...

inFAMOUS pt. 2: Winter Is Coming

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=d7ce8c75-446e-40...

I've really been working on making the missions tight and on lock. No spelling errors or anything and I'm even doing updates often to make the mission flow better and just more fun. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eZnow

72%
02 Rank
Progress
eZnow
Accepted Solution

Hi, i got infamous today, and have been playing around with the ugc, i would like some feedback please!

i have made 3 missions

Save Power! RUN!

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=bd23d357-5d0c-40...

basically a survival whilst being over-run :)

---

Intel Recovery

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=f32bada3-b80c-4d...

Defeat the militia and find the intel briefcase to recover

---

Sabotage

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=ea1de8d6-c489-4c...

Defeat the militia and sabotage their cargo (my best so far imo)

----

If anyone could give me feedback, and tips on how to improve, please let me know on here or psn me at eZnow

also if anyone could tell me how to make a new wave of enemies appear after defeating one set, that would be great (im going to make a gauntlet)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eZnow

72%
02 Rank
Progress
eZnow
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DNAgent

26%
02 Rank
Progress
DNAgent
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

pogona_2010

34%
02 Rank
Progress
pogona_2010
Accepted Solution

NEW POWERS AVAILABLE

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/community/ugc/mission.html?missionId=006b8f87-6a52-4a...

if you want Cole to have new powers try out this mission I made, I couldn't get him trully new powers because of the limitations of UGC but with a bit of imagination you can do some good things, for now I have only 4 plays (and five stars so far), so try it out, and of course, critiques and comments to improve as always.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Hot off the press. 2 new missions from e-flat.

5 Second Race

Fast and pretty unforgiving race. Start with 5 seconds and get 1 second for passing through rings. It's short. One of the few missions I made in one sitting. 

Scrapyard in the Sky 2

More car jumping madness. Not easy, but fun to play and nice decorations. This is a continuation of my first successful mission. If you haven't played Scrapyard in the Sky, queue them both up. Part 2 starts where the first ends. Both of these started with me testing the limits of the physics in the UGC and took many hours to create.

As with all my creations, they have been play tested extensively. I hope you enjoy them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

When I click on either mission, it takes me to the page but I'm not signed in and the sign in option is missing. Whereas Scrapyard in the Sky's link doesn't have this problem.

I notice why. You didn't put it as www.infamousthegame.com but as infamousthegame.com. Adding www. to the link and hitting enter brought me to the mission page and I was signed in. That's why I have the issue on 5 Second Race and Scrapyard in the Sky 2 but not on the link to the first Scrapyard in the sky.

5 Second Race

Ok, cool mission. A suggestion is make the dialogue at the start about the rings + 1 second player controlled. This took me a few tries so waiting at the start to mash triangle was a slight annoyance. But once I got going, the mission totally got me pumped. If there were any parts I got tripped on it was going from power line 1 to 2. The 2 rings at the end of 1 are so close, it requires a little trial and error and will still trip you up if you forget about it.

Scrapyard in the Sky

I was in awe from the beginning, seeing your physics was a site to behold. Especially the Blue/Red twist. While landing on a crate can be difficult, luckily the orb checkpoints. Execellent job here. Only suggestion I can make is some dialogue, but the Pro Tip was a nice touch too.

I'm about to try Scrapyard in the Sky 2, just figured you'd like to know about the links.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the catch on the links Z. I sign into this site more than any other forum I've ever been on. I wish they would fix it. Now I'm signed in but it won't let me edit the post. So here's a re-post.

Hot off the press. 2 new missions from e-flat.

5 Second Race

Fast and pretty unforgiving race. Start with 5 seconds and get 1 second for passing through rings. It's short. One of the few missions I made in one sitting. Some parts require you to boost hard and others to drop early. Grind like a boss.

Scrapyard in the Sky 2

More car jumping madness. Not easy, but fun to play and nice decorations. This is a continuation of my first successful mission. If you haven't played Scrapyard in the Sky, queue them both up. Part 2 starts where the first ends. Both of these started with me testing the limits of the physics in the UGC and took many hours to create.

As with all my creations, they have been play tested extensively. I hope you enjoy them.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Battleman36

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Battleman36
Accepted Solution

The Rayahktin Plant

A fun Narrative/Stealth mission. Try it out please!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

Scrapyard in the Sky 2

Ok, can I suggest some waypoints? I was a little confused where to go at some points.

I ended up using my tether to get to the top of the red neon light (not the square ones) in the 2nd car spin because I wasn't 100% car boost would get me to the platform, I tried the first time and failed so I went for the alternative.

At this platform, I became confused seeing a crate further down to my right, but no orb. And what looked like the final wall to my left.

It took me a bit of looking around to spy the other crate opposite of me through the ferris wheel of cars.

Maybe on top of waypoints a visual indication of the crate would help. It is dark, orbs (on the crate) aren't bright, your awesome physics sort of blinds the eye in awe.

The ferris wheel on cars near the end was rather difficult to do, eventually I timed a lightning tether to the crate. Looking back, it probably wasn't too difficult. I liked the car turn at the end to as well as the explosion.

This seemed a little shorter than the first Scrapyard in the Sky. I prefer the red/blue neon DNA like spin. The orbs weren't as eyecatching probably because they aren't as long or as bright. But it looked good and was fun to play. Kind more of a "Look around for the puzzle solution" vibe. I think I prefer the first slightly just for that awesome red/blue spiral. First time I saw it my mouth kinda dropped.

Fine mission though. Good job man.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
e-flat
Accepted Solution

zAnxiety,

Oops. The platform you saw near the Ferris wheel was a construction object. It should have been removed. I used it to stand on while I worked on the mission. A habit I picked up from LBP. I'll delete it and maybe it'll give me some room to put in waypoints. I hit 100% on this one too. Cars are heavy objects (about 3% a piece). The double helix on the second set of cars originally had the red bars all the way down, making a DNA strand (it was very cool looking). But I had to delete them to have room for the Ferris wheel and ride to the end. I left the one at the top and the tether for an escape route in case the player had trouble. The "try to find a way to end" is the whole objective, so I don't want to spoon feed the player too much.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll revamp the mission to include the DNA strand and maybe tack some lights to the front of the pallets. Space permitting.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

e-flat

80%
02 Rank
Progress
e-flat
Accepted Solution

Wow, I really got my nOOb hat on today. Another blunder.

Warning to other creators:

When looking at your "My Missions" in the UGC you have the option to copy your mission and work on it instead of the original. I thought this was a great idea. Work on the copy to avoid breaking the original. After making all the changes I wanted to the copy and being careful not to change the Mission Start, (I'd been warned that changes to this logic box could leave you with a duplicate of your mission.), I uploaded the edited version. Guess what. If you do this, you will have two missions on the server. Even if you do not make changes to the Start Mission logic box. There is currently no way to delete an uploaded mission form the server. Lesson learned.

I did go back and make some changes to the original though. I put in an objective at the beginning to let the player know that it's OK (and fun) to blow up the cars.

If you want to check it out it's:

Scrapyard in the Sky 2

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

Conduit Community Part 2: The Discovery - This mission is where the overall story starts kicking off and will be fun for those who are fans of narratives. There are still action sections that both tie the plot together and keep the player interested. The mission start is located on the docks near the boat was parked in the beginning of the game.

http://www.infamousthegame.com/en_GB/infamous2/com​munity/ugc/mission.html?missionId=d7ddc329-04a9-4...

---

Feedback is very helpful so I know what improvements to make for the next mission. My PSN name is jedicam10. Part 3 is to be up soon. I hope you all enjoy the missions!

I also started a thread on this series, so feel free to post your feedback there. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

zAnxiety

88%
03 Rank
Progress
zAnxiety
Accepted Solution

I played both of your missions earlier Jedicam. Good stuff.

The start with the TK training might have been a thing of brilliance, and I'd recommend posting it in the Physics 101 thread. After that it kinda dragged a little bit, the fight was pretty easy at the ship, maybe putting some enemies on the ship like snipers or such. I'm not sure if it was because of the TK part being so awesome if there was a actual fault after that, that made it seem to drag a little.

IDR exactly what I rated, but for both it was either 4 or 5.

Good job and keep up the good work!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rasendory10

64%
02 Rank
Progress
rasendory10
Accepted Solution
How does *Three Difficulties Spanning Across 10 Levels Of Increasing Difficulty *40 Completely Diverse Dialogue Sequences *Kill/Point Tracking *Over 1,000,000 Different Dialogue Combinations Sound? Sound impossible? Well it's not. Sounds like tons of replayabilty without worrying about reading the same crap over and over. This is S'1'N'I'S'T'E'R This is my answer www.infamousthegame.com/en_US/infamous2/...99-97a2-69a20a8ff8f9 Come at me,Bro
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jedicam10

84%
02 Rank
Progress
jedicam10
Accepted Solution

@zAnxiety wrote:

I played both of your missions earlier Jedicam. Good stuff.

The start with the TK training might have been a thing of brilliance, and I'd recommend posting it in the Physics 101 thread. After that it kinda dragged a little bit, the fight was pretty easy at the ship, maybe putting some enemies on the ship like snipers or such. I'm not sure if it was because of the TK part being so awesome if there was a actual fault after that, that made it seem to drag a little.

IDR exactly what I rated, but for both it was either 4 or 5.

Good job and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm surprised how much you liked the training scene so much (but glad. It took forever to get all of the logic boxes right!) I was expecting people to find it too much talking which is why I added  clearing the Militia before the scene.

I had some Ice Soldiers on the ship before but I found it to be a bit too difficult. I can work it out a little bit though. The fight could be a bit longer.

My next chapter will be a bit more action oriented and also very epic. Still continuing the story but a little bit more of Cole moving around town.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I really enjoy making narrative missions and love to hear other people's opinions so I can make both fun and compelling missions. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel