BashfulRay12

91%
02 Rank
Progress

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection

20 Replies 1,277 Views Created 26-09-2018
26 Sep 2018
By BashfulRay12

I just finished Uncharted 4 and I really loved the game. I was thinking of getting nathan drake collection but will it be as entertaining as this one?

0 Kudos
LABELS: Purchasing
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

@BashfulRay12

Yea man. Get it! 

I replayed them again in the correct order (I originally started with UC2) fairly recently.

Theyre all still great. 

In some ways 4 felt slower (& stealth) , and too cutscene heavy if anything. 

2 probably is the best, but don't let folk put you off 3.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NickWba20

89%
05 Rank
Progress
NickWba20
Accepted Solution

They are older games so naturally they may not offer you what exactly you are looking for after playing UC4 they are still good games and If you are into platinums they are very achievable. I really need to return to 2 and 3 as I have platinumed one and 4 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BashfulRay12

91%
02 Rank
Progress
BashfulRay12
Accepted Solution

The thing is I played arguably the best of the 4 games and now going back to older ones will be kind of graphical and story wise downgrade. I was thinking I should perhaps go for The Last of Us instead.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
BashfulRay12
Accepted Solution

"Arguably the best"? lol

Uncharted 2 is the best by far, but yeah get the collection it's great

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BashfulRay12

91%
02 Rank
Progress
BashfulRay12
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Sry, I meant visually the best. Don't know about story and gameplay. That's why I am here.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
BashfulRay12
Accepted Solution

Uncharted 1 is a bit dated even though it's been remastered, but 2&3 still look great 

I forgot about Uncharted:The Lost Legacy. It's allot shorter than the others, but still excellent.

Are you playing on a Pro 4K ??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
BashfulRay12
Accepted Solution

4's not the best, the others are way more fun. 

In some ways I struggle with how peeps who've only played 4 think it's a great story? You've missed out on big chunks of relationships (also the reason why I find it annoy they didn't put Golden Abyss in the collection)

Dont be fooled thinking The Last of Us will give you a similar experience to Uncharted, its a very different game and mechanics. Whole swathes of people give up with it a few hours in.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BashfulRay12

91%
02 Rank
Progress
BashfulRay12
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

People giving up on TLOU, because of difficulty or slow pace? I read it is a masterpiece.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BashfulRay12

91%
02 Rank
Progress
BashfulRay12
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

Not pro, slim version only

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
BashfulRay12
Accepted Solution

I played TLOU for about 2hrs 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
BashfulRay12
Accepted Solution

I've never been able to lock it down to a certain point, but yea maybe some go in thinking it plays like an Uncharted with scary bits (it's not), some I think it's the slow pace the story goes through at one point, some I think it's the stealth and craft that they get bored with.

Dont get me wrong. Personally I loved it as a whole package at the time, and as you enjoyed UC4 story TLoU has the potential to blow your emotions out the water if you invest in their story.

I also want to replay that at some point. 

Either way you'll be taking a step back to PS3 games that have had glitter chucked on them. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

I do want to do Lost Legacy.

Great, now I'm kinda tempted to squeeze that in before RDR instead of mopping bits in other games 🤔

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
97%
15 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
WinnieP
Accepted Solution

Yeah lost legacy is good, only short compared to the others so you'll squeeze it in no probs

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RajeeMama007

87%
05 Rank
Progress
RajeeMama007
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

"I played TLOU for about 2hrs " - Well...I guess each player has his/her own preference.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Qiosky

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Qiosky
Accepted Solution

I have never played any of the other Uncharted games so I decided to buy the Nathan Drake Collection befote playing 4 and it was so good! Even the first one aged pretty well

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

WinnieP

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
WinnieP
Qiosky
Accepted Solution

Which was your favourite? You moving straight onto 4 now

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Qiosky

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Qiosky
Accepted Solution

Defenitely 2, the game itself was  just so gorgeous with an equally exciting story. The places simply took my breathe away especially when they got to Tibet. Oh yeah, absolutely, I am anxious.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RajeeMama007

87%
05 Rank
Progress
RajeeMama007
Qiosky
Accepted Solution

Uncharted 2 is the best! Even when I play it today, it still takes my breath away with its awesome graphics, beautiful settings, believable characters & terrific gameplay. With their follow-ups, Uncharted 3 & 4, Naughty Dog tried to recreate 'magic in a bottle' but, in my opinion, didn't quite get there. The games are really good though! Can't take that away from them! Anyway, enjoy playing the collection, yeah!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CheekyPapito

71%
02 Rank
Progress
CheekyPapito
Accepted Solution

you should totally get it. I have been playing the uncharted series triligy on my Youtube channel inspired Champion and it is Awesome! i love it! still need to play number 4! who has played lost legacy, the girl version??? isit shite.

Check me out too peeps! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDtiPRPLS2-9TXnUu1qMF9w?view_as=subscriber&pbjreload=10

0 Kudos

Inspired Champion

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lhyssana

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Lhyssana
Accepted Solution

I'll be honest it depends on what you liked about Uncharted 4...While most the games are similar and they put in some good updates, each of the games seem to have different strengths and weaknesses.  If you hate the fighting portions of the game...well only one of the two games let's you have less of those required fight areas but if you love story there are two games that will bring you through every emotion.  I'll see if I can sum up what elements you may be looking for that can help this decision along.

1. Gameplay

2. Storytelling

3. Environment and Artistic Expression

4. Pacing

Alright for Uncharted 1, the storytelling is not the highest focus, it's beyond basic.  Think Indiana Jones if he was a treasure hunter and not an archaeologist.  There is more a focus towards the environment and artistic expression.  It has some pretty tropical environments and often utilizes cinematic camera angles to add some challenge to the fight, though the camera did feel a bit stiff.  The problem is because it's so cinematic, sometimes they through in elements that just become frustrating.  There is little to no stealth, which is probably the reason I can't finish the darn thing and there is kind of a dependence of jump scares in some sections which doesn't help.  Let me just say if you hate jumpscares and horror only the first 2/3rds are any good but have forced fight areas, which can be creative and fun but annoying.  Because of these issues the story and gameplay face some pretty noticeable pacing issues.  If it wasn't for the bonus treasures I could easily tear through most of it.  For the casual gamer I'd say this is a great game to relive all your favorite games as a kid, but with the exception of awesome characters and some fun puzzle solving this game may not be the one for the busy individual.

Uncharted Two, while not my personal favorite, is definately a game for those who love variety in gameplay and strong storytelling.  This game introduces stealth levels and better battle sequences.  It also has my beloved tranq gun...why did it never return.  This game will have your emotions making twists and turns, but for me the frustration of some of the stealth levels and a bit of the pacing didn't allow me to enjoy it fully.  I loved dealing with some of the enemies and often had to research and study their movements to figure the best plan of attack.  So there is a lot more thinking required in this game and truth is that due to the cinematography and the brilliant writing and performances by Naughty Dog it actually gives the gameplay meaning and truly immerses you, even in the most annoying of instances.  I still remember a scene where the characters were forced to abandon what normally is a companion you wouldn't care about but because of the proper set up my emotions were tangled as I rushed through the sounds of gunfire and explosions (it's Uncharted so always expect and explosion or two).  That is where this game shines, the mystery itself isn't as compelling as it's characters but I will point out that the gun was (for me at least) so much harder to use.

In Uncharted Three I'd say that is my favorite, even if I can't go any higher than easy.  For me the mystery had far more sway and I hate tales of purposeful betrayal.  Here all of our heroes I can sympathize with and it really is good at bringing out the importance of others in our lives.  So yeah I may have a bit of a bias.  The gameplay is pretty similar to Uncharted 2 but it actually is a little sharper and I feel the Puzzle to Action ratio for the most part is amazing.  The biggest complaint I have is that there are way to many battle sequences (I'm looking at you "warehouse" level) that don't allow for stealth to be fully used.  I can tell you that even at easy, you will die multiple times.  This is partially due to the fact that the gun system and enemy placement are still unbearable.  The reason I still love this game is because, like Uncharted 4, it's pacing (with most of the battles excluding about 5 of them) is perfect.  Nothing feels rushed or thrown in, it really feels like someone took their time to let us explore the world and people we meet along the way.  We get to see the world when it's bustling and when it's barren.  The thing is that it does what I don't think the others fully mastered, making the gameplay feel meaningful.  It's not by choice but by circumstances and quiet moments of reflection.  The game offers us this to reflect on what happened before but allows us time to realize  what we are about to do as well.  Let's just say when one of the party members becomes lost, even though I can't chose the direction I'm driven to find them because of the pacing, emotions, and storytelling.

In conclusion if you are really up to getting these games you need to see if either A) You loved the gameplay and want a bit more challenge with some harsher controls, B) You loved the characters or story and want to see how it all started or just want more of this type of storytelling, or C) You just loved the world that was made and want to explore more of it.  If any of these suit you then go for it, but if it was just a fun game and you'd like more, put some money aside but save up for other things.  The graphics are worse and they're not likely to get better.  There will be games with better gameplay and stronger action and puzzles aspects.  What these games have is heart, unforgettable characters, and stories and sights to thrill the mind.  As long as you know what you're looking for, you'll find these games may just have something amazing to offer you...

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel